Chance

Ava Romano

"You should have not slapped him" Dante said ruffling his fingers through his hair as he paced around the living room.
I huffed before unhooking the lengthy part of my wedding gown.

"I had no option,  he was being rude to my father" I argued back stomping over to one of the sofas where I could get a view of what was going in outside.

"The fact that he has been nice to you these past days doesn't mean you should do that. An angry Lorenzo is not one you would want to see" He responded.

He walked into the kitchen coming out seconds later with a bottle of whiskey. I turned my back on me, most of the guests were leaving already since the even was over and we didn't plan an after party.

"He was raised in violence, Ava. Lorenzo was never shown affection by his father who never saw anyt.

hing good in what he did. Any mistake he made, he was always given severe punishment that would leave him in pain for days. That man that is now your husband is not what you think he really is, you should watch how you thread around him" Dante said. The room remained silence afterwards with the only sound coming from him as he kept gulping down the drink.

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked trying to act uninterested in the conversation. Inner, I was jumping that I knew something from his past. The only time he was opened to me was the night he broke down in the piano room, the next day, he threatened me not to reveal what had happened.

"You deserve to know sine you are married to him" He answered.

My head snapped around at the sound of the a squeak sound coming from a wheel chair. There sitted in the chair was a familiar looking man who was being pushed forward by Nonna.

I stood up to acknowledge their presence, my eyes squinted as I registered the man face. My father-in-law.

I tried to neutralise my expression seeing him, my thought going over every single details I've heard about him. All his records in my head was nothing but bad but I still smiled to him.

His face was disfigured, with a swollen right eyes down to a broken nose which was wrapped around his nose. A long scar which was recently formed right down from his left eyes to the corner of his swollen lips.

He coughed out before speaking "I never knew you were this beautiful up close, Anderson sure did a great job spending my money on you" He said with a sly smile.

I was stunned not knowing what to say, he reached forward and grabbed my left hand in his before placing a lingering kiss on the spot my ring laid. I pulled away quickly.

This man was intimidating even while in a wheel chair. His eyes were darker to that of Enzo's, I could easy see through the smile he plastered on his face.

"You know, if not for me you would have leaved a pathetic life with that man you call your father" He spat out finally revealing his true expression. I was about to respond but someone beat me to it.

"And if not for her, you would have been long dead" Enzo retaliated, I didn't need to turn around to know it was him. Mr Romano Snr expression almost changed from that of hostility to fear.

Keyword: Almost.

Lorenzo pulled me closer by my waist, my back coming in contact with his chest. I let out an involuntary gasp at his over possessive behaviour.

"I know you can never kill your own father" Mr Romano said, a wide grin spread across his face. I got my self comfortable in Enzo's arms knowing it was something I had to get used to.