Creepy

Ava Anderson

My mouth closed once I realized the screamed was coming from me. I jumped up in fear when a tiny aggressive puppy ran out of the closet between my two legs. The closet was messed up, my clothes were scattered and most of them torn, I bent forward picking up one of the gown I just bought.

This gown was very expensive.

Footsteps drew closer before the men came into the closet, by their expressions they were not surprised by what they were seeing.

"Dante, you should have not brought that puppy in" Marco said picking up a torn shirt.

Mr Sniper instructed his maids to discard the clothes that were torn. I almost wanted to cry, I did not wear some of those clothes.

After the cleaning up was done, I grudgingly thanked the maid. At least the bedspread was not torn. Without taking off my clothes, I laid of the bed.

Everything that had happened today had drained most of my energy. Never in my life would I have thought that I would ever be kidnapped.

To think that if I had entered that plane, I would have died. Why is someone even after me? I'm not a celebrity neither am I a very important person. Yes, my father was rich and all that but I'm just an ordinary nurse.

My father was not the greatest of Saint either. He was always involved in some illegal stuff so when he told me to come school in Italy, I accepted thinking I was going to be safe here.

Quite the opposite.

I let sleep take over, tomorrow is going to be another day to think of the solution to my problems.

*********** ***********

The annoying sound of an alarm clock pulled me out of my slumber. Squinting my eyes at the red light, the click read 9am, I turned it off. The dark curtains covered light from entering and I could have woken up earlier.

I thought I opened the curtains.

My head was banging as an headache was forming, my throat dry and scratchy. My legs were shaking as I walked into the bathroom, in summary I was falling sick.

A bike rose up my throat, I rushed over to the toilet seat and threw up all I had eaten yesterday. After rinsing my mouth, I took off my clothes to get a nice long hot shower.

Some minutes later, I exited my room. There was no single of life in the hallway so I went down the stairs. Marco and Dante were sitted chatting away in the living room. They both did not notice my presence until I cleared my throat.

"Speak of the devil, more like an angel" Dante said, a smirk forming on his face. I ignored him and took the space next to Marco.

"Good morning" I greeted, the television was on and to my surprise it was frozen that was playing.

"We were about to call prince charming to kiss the he'll outta you" Dante said earning laughter from Dante. They were both drinking from the empty bottle that was on a stool, if not they won't even laughing at that dry joke.

"When I first heard of you, you know what I thought?" Dante asked. I ignored him again, Marco left to the kitchen and came back with two cups of tea in hand, he gave me one and took the other.

"That she is your little sister" Marco said answering his unanswered question.

"Nope" Dante said.

"That she's going to be your best friend?" Marco tried again but of course, Dante said that was not the answer.

I looked around the living room, the place was beautiful and held the air of uniqueness. The walls were painted with a combination of white and gold, the long curtains also complimented the golden colour. The cushions were white with golden pillows and a golden plate glass table sat in the middle of the cushions.

The living room alone screamed money, this was the kind of place I always dreamed of living in except I never pictured the mafia in it.

"Wrong answer again. I thought you were the most lucky girl in the world" Dante said laughing.

I rolled my eyes "When I probably have a bounty on my head, that's your definition of lucky?" I asked.

"You are the most lucky girl in the world because you got the attention of great men, even from your future-"

"Dante" A stern voice called out from behind me. I snapped my neck towards the source, Mr Sniper was leaning against the wall of the last stair.

His face hosted not expression as he strode further into the room. The way he always carried this air of confidence where ever he is was not making me one bit comfortable.

I turned away once he caught my stare, from my peripheral he did not stop until he was standing behind me, boring holes into the back of my head.

"Le parleremo del contratto oggi" Mr Sniper said in Italian. Both Marco and Dante sat up straight which means whatever he said was important, I wish I knew how to speak their language.
(We have to tell her about the contract today).

"Pensi che sia il momento giusto per dirglielo?" Marco asked with a worried expression, from his hold on the cup, he was surely tensed. Dante on the other hand was smiling at me.

I was the centre of their conversation, that I know. Why else will they speak in Italian?

"Sì non cè bisogno di aspettare" Mr Sniper spoke, he voice was much more closer than before and I knew he was leaning further into the couch I was sitted on. It made the hairs on my neck rise once I felt his breath.

I can't remember the last time I had this feeling.

"Lmao. Sarà scossa per tutto il giorno, mia piccola sorella" Dante laughed at whatever he just finished saying. I was beginning to get annoyed that they were acting like I was not in the room.

"Stai zitto, Dante" Marco yelled out glaring hard at a smiling Dante.

"Lorenzo, are you sure?"

"Very" Mr Sniper responded.

"Ms Anderson, next time before going to bed, close your curtains. I hate having a sick person in my house" Mr Sniper said, his breath tickling my neck. I craned my neck to look at him, his face was at most two inches away from mine.

For the time time since I came here, an emotional flashed through his face. He looked amused at seeing me shocked but as soon as it came, it disappeared.

"You were in my room?" I asked the most obvious question. No wonder the curtains were brought down since I didn't do that last night.

Creepy man.

He ignored my question and strode out of the room with that same confidence.

What just happened?

"Lorenzo, I'm your groomsmen" Dante shouted running towards the direction Mr Sniper took.

"Who is getting married?" I asked.

1174 words.