Weird

Lorenzo Romano

The glass pricked my palm as I let out a low groan. The place was messed up as a result of the anger I let out, it calmed me. My knuckles were bruised but I ignored it and went over to the door leaning to the dining area.

Slowly without making any sound, I opened the door. Marco was talking to Nonna while Ava was sitted looking at a particulate picture I hate so much.

Nonna was the one who arranged all the picture frame in the room as it had always been against my idea. It was because of her death glares and frypan that made me allow her do it.

Ava stood up and went to stand in front of the picture, a small grin spread over her face as she studied it. It was probably because of the swim suit my mother made both Marco and I wear.

"Who is that man?" She asked pointing to Maximo. Marco and Nonna were too engrossed in their conversation to hear her question so I stepped in.

I stood behind her leaving a distance of about two steps between us, she jumped and turned around swiftly.

"No one you should know about" I stated. She was looking at the wall behind me trying to avoid eye contact.

Since she was much closer, I got to glance over her physique. From her brown hair that was almost covering her face, those eyes, it was grey and bridge. Down to her small nose that looked like buttons, her lips were pale and dried.

It looked like it had not been kissed in a long time, you can see the layers of blood behind it which was as a result of the biting she was doing right now.

I curtly nodded for her to over out of the way before unhooking the frame from the wall. It was never meant to be there.

"Whether my name is fits me or not, that's non of your business. Stay in your place Ms Anderson" I said to her and walked out of the dining room.

Dante was sitted behind my table in the office. He was going through the letter again and looked like he wanted to laugh.

Can this guy ever be serious?

He sat up straight, dropping his leg from the table once he saw me "We are using your card" He said, a smirk forming on his stupid face.

After pulling him off my seat, I sat down "What are you using it for?" I asked.

"For your upcoming wedding. We are using your card to buy my best man suit" He said, he brought out a lollipop from his pocket and plopped it into his mouth.

"Who said you are going to be my best man?" I asked. The way he was locking that lollipop was annoying me.

"I'm the man for the job" He brought out another lollipop and offered it to me. Even if I don't admit it openly, I'm a fan of sweet things but now was not the right time do that, when I had a problem that needs urgent solution.

My opened my laptop and went to the section of the cctv camera where I can see everything going on. I went straight to the underground floor where the hospital was located. Ava's friend, Zoe was still asleep.

The sedative the doctor gave her had worked longer that I expected. Paul had brought her in, she was saved in time by Paul and some of my other men.

Luckily for whosoever attacked her, he escaped and Paul could not go after him since Zoe was bleeding out on the floor. Even though her well being came first, I was the angry that we had the person that could have told us who was behind this yet he slipped through our fingers.