Father

Lorenzo Romano

I swirled the pen in my hand and waited until Marco decided to visit his home office this morning, it was still early but I knew he was awake already. I had been in the warehouse since after I left her flat and had not gotten much sleep.

The door finally opened with the lights switched on, he did not seen suprised seeing me here as this was a normal experience.

"Ho scoperto che eri a casa mia da allora. I searched for you in every corner of yours" He muttered walking over with two cups of coffee. (I figured out you were in my house since).

"I came to talk to you brother and even though you hate being involved in this aspect of business, I think it is something you should know of" I said, collecting one of the cups. He eyed me wearily before taking a seat on the couch across from me.

The coffee was strong and it was something I needed this morning.

"Before you start, I need your help with a friend of mine, someone broke into her house yesterday" He said sipping his coffee slowly.

I smirked knowing who this friend of his is "The same lady in which you bruised your knuckles for nights ago, the same email one in which you carried boxes of pizza to her flat yesterday?" I smiled as her expression changed from being married to that of suprised.

"Come fai a conoscerla?, Ti ho detto di smettere di guardare i miei movimenti" He glared at me. (How do you know of her?, I told you to stop watching my movements).

"I can help but know how my little brother is faring and for your question, that is why I'm here" I stood up and walked over to his table flipping the marriage contract open. He stood up also and collected the papers.

"il tuo caro padre thought it good for me to be engaged to a stranger thirteen years ago" I hissed clenching my fists, that old man was passing his limits already. (Your dear father).

Marco read everything quickly, eyes widening at some parts "Do you think this is a coincidence, me meeting and becoming friends with her?" He asked looking up.

I shrugged my shoulders walking back to the couch "I don't think so, you met her at the hospital"

"Why do you think he is bringing up the contract now after so many years?" He asked. I looked up at him like he was a strange object.

"It was written that we will get married when she turns twenty one if you read it well-"

"That was why he had refused to hand this mafia over to you, he had this planned all along" He muttered more to himself. "Ava doesn't know about this and it will shatter her, she was hoping that her father had changed from his wicked wags" He sat on his table crossing his arms.

"The Anderson's is not her real name, she is a Rossi. Her mother was a lover of her real father when she got pregnant" I watched as he sunked that in.

He dropped the papers on the table staring at the door ahead of him "I don't have to ask how you found out, it most be that annoying investigator of yours. Do you think the Rossi know that they have a daughter?" He asked emphasizing on the daughter.

I shook my head "If you put the dots together, I think her mother does not want the Rossi to know because of the way they treat women and how that man hate the thought of even having a daughter" I replied remembering how he killed his daughter when she was barely a day old.

"If she is truly a Rossi then I must say that she is in grave danger. You have found out who she really is so it won't be long before the public knows, I need something stronger" He opened his drawer and took out a wine.