002

It was now Fall of 1984, Julia was in her senior year of high school.

Her mind was focused on finishing with all As and getting accepted into the college of her dreams.

She wanted to get out of the small town of Hawkins and see what was out there for her.

Only focusing on cheer practice and her grades, Julia had no time for parties. Something that didn't sit right with her best friend, who enjoyed a good party.

"Come on, Jul! Tina is throwing a Halloween party at her house. You have to come," Kimberly said, shaking her shoulders.

Julia held on to her books tightly, not wanting to drop them. They were standing by Julia's locker as she was getting her physics book out for her next class and putting her English book inside her locker.

"I don't know, Kim, I have history homework, and I don't even have a costume," she said, closing her locker.

"That history homework is not due until two more days, and I have something that you can wear," she said excitedly.

Julia started to walk down the busy hall, Kimberly followed right behind her.

She glanced at her friend "please, Julia," she begged.

"Billy is going to be there too," she whispered yelled.

Billy was the new kid in town who had every girl drooling over him, Kimberly included.

"You don't need me there," Julia insisted as they walked in the physics classroom.

"But I do, you're so fun when you drink, and you can be my moral support while I try to hook up with Billy," she whispered the last part.

Julia placed her book on her desk. "I don't want to be anywhere near you and Billy," she said with a disgusted face.

"Fine, but please go with me, Jul. I'll be your best friend forever if you do." Kimberly held her hands together, trying to convince her friend to go.

"Ugh I hate you sometimes. You know that, right." Kimberly's lips quickly moved into a smile.

She kissed Julia's forehead "you love me." Julia pushed the young teen away, "I don't," she said with a smile.

Kimberly and Julia had been friends since elementary school at the age of nine-years-old. Both girls became inseparable since that day.

They were opposites from each other, but it's what makes their friendship work.

Kimberly's parents have money. She is more of a leader, and she gets what she wants. She has beautiful thick hair, gorgeous shaped brown eyebrows, and bright blue eyes.

Julia was more of a follower with her long thin brown hair, thick brown eyebrows, and light blue eyes. She considered herself the mother of the pair, always looking out for Kim.

Julia's mother died when she was very young. Her father became distant after that. Maybe that's why Julia wanted to be there for Kim the same way she wished someone could be there for her.

"Miss. Bell, this isn't your classroom," Mr. Jones said firmly, standing in front of the class.

Students had arrived, and many were already in their assigned seats. "My apologies Mr. J," Kimberly said, making her way to the door.

"Julia Wallace, I love you," she yelled from the door before leaving down the hall.

Embarrassed, Julia sat down and looked at the front of the class where Mr Jones was writing the title of the lesson.