004

The next morning Julia woke up in Kimberly's bed the night before being somewhat of a blur.

She could barely remember how she made it to her friend's house.

After she left Steve's room, she got lost looking for the laundry room but was able to find it; she took the dress and walked 20 minutes to Kimberly's house.

Luckily Kim was home, and she left the door unlocked for her.

After that, she was exhausted and passed out next to Kim. She could hear her best friend taking a shower.

She went downstairs to the other restroom. Once she was done doing her business, she walked to the kitchen and made some breakfast for both of them.

Kim's parents were on a business trip, and they wouldn't be back until the end of the week.

She knew where things were in the kitchen as she had spent a few nights over the years at Kimberly's place. She got out a few ingredients to cook for both of them.

Julia's passion was baking; it brought her so much joy. It's something she could do every day with her eyes closed.

Since her mother was not present and her father didn't bother to make anything for her to eat, she had to learn by herself.

Using her mother's old cookbooks, she started to make something.

At first, it wasn't good, she got sick a few times, not fully cooking the food, but as she got older, she got better.

She was too focused on what she was doing; she didn't notice that Kim was walking down the stairs. Her hair was a mess and she still had her makeup from last night.

"Someone is in a good mood," Kim yawned, walking into the kitchen.

Julia slightly jumped, hearing Kim's voice, almost dropping the biscuit she was getting out of the oven.

"Kimberly, we talked about this, don't scare me when I'm in the kitchen," she said, setting the tray of biscuits on the countertop.

"Sorry, mom," Kim said, holding her head in pain.

"Don't forget to drink some water," Julia said, pointing to the glass of water that was by the corner of the kitchen counter. Kim smiled, looking at it "thanks, so where were you," she said before taking a sip of water and eyeing her friend.

"What do you mean," Julia asked, not looking at Kim as she grabbed a biscuit and set it on her plate.

"Well, after I was done hooking up with Leo, I went looking for you," she pointed at Julia as she continued talking, "Which, by the way, Leo was alright. I had worse, but that is not the point right now. Where I'm getting at is that I ask around if someone had seen you, and you will not guess what they told me." She looked at Julia as to waiting for her to guess.

"I don't know. What did they tell you?"

Kim took a few steps closer as she said, "they told me that my little Julia left with none other than Steve Harrington."

"Oh."

"Oh indeed, now tell me everything. I still don't know how you are friends with the Steve Harrington."

Julia decided not to tell Kim about what happened last November. She thought it was for her own good; she didn't want her to be involved in the supernatural. Besides, everything went back to normal, so there was no need to tell her now.

"We just talked, that's all."

Kim didn't believe her at all, "Julia, I have known you for years. I know when you're lying."

"I'm not. Now eat your food before it gets cold," Julia said, changing the subject.

Kim dropped the topic for now, but Julia knew her friend was going to bring it back up.

As Julia ate her breakfast, she could still feel his soft lips on hers.

While her mind was thinking about Steve's lips on her, she forgot that it was a school day.

"Kim, what day is it," Julia asked slowly, the realization kicking in. Kim thought for a second, "I think it's Thursday; why."

"We have school," Julia said, looking at the time on the stove.

"We already missed the first class" she ran to the stairs.

"Fuck," Kim mumbled, quickly drinking her orange juice, dropping it on the sink, making a loud sound, and running up the stairs as well.

Julia quickly changed her clothes while Kim was taking her sweet time looking through her closet on what she was going to wear.

"Pick whatever we have to go," Julia said, rushing her.

"I don't know what to wear," Kim said frantically, throwing different clothes on her bed. Julia grabbed the first item of clothing she saw and handed it to her friend.

"Wear that."

Both girls made it in time for their second class of the day.