073

It was June, and the weather was extremely hot. From the moment the sun would rise up even after it went down.

Julia took Melody to the restroom to give her daughter a bath. Hoping it would help her sleep and be refreshed.

Julia added a little bit of shampoo on her hand and washed Melody's dark hair. Bubbles began to form on Melodys head.

She played with Melody's hair making up silly hairstyles. "You look so beautiful, Melody," Julia said, looking at Melody. Her hair was divided into five pieces all pointed up in different directions.

Slowly she poured water on Melodys head, getting rid of the shampoo and destroying the hairstyle.

Melody freaked out for a little while, thinking she was going to drown. She moved her hands frantically, trying to hold onto something.

"You're fine, Melody," Julia said, cleaning the droplets of water from Melody's face. The girl gasped for air and held onto her mother. Baths weren't her favorite thing.

"We are almost done," Julia said, washing away the soap. Melody tried to escape a few times, but the tub was slippery. She wasn't able to go anywhere. The bathtub was mixed with water, shampoo and a little bit of pee. Julia had to clean Melody again for that one.

"We are all done my girl." Julia grabbed the white towel from the floor and carefully wrapped Melody with it.

She took her daughter to her room, where she dried her body and hair.

She had already put her daughter's clothes on the bed. At night time, Melody would be usually tired and wouldn't fight when Julia put the diaper on Melody. The young girl didn't move, making Julia's night easier.

Once the diaper was secure, Julia went to the next step and put Melody in a short sleeve shirt. "Are you ready to go to sleep, Mellow," Julia asked her daughter.

Melody let out a big yawn and stretched her hands up. The young girl closed her mouth and shook her head. Julia laughed, "Oh, you're not tired." A thin smile spread on Melody's face.

She shook her head again and said, "nono." The word 'no' became one of Melody's favorite words quickly once she knew what it meant. Dada was still her number one favorite word.

"It's time to go to sleep, my sweet girl," Julia said with a smile and picked Melody up.

She walked out of her room and into the next bedroom. The door was left half open.

Julia gently placed her daughter in her crib. She brushed her growing damp hair out of her face. "I love you, Melody," Julia said sweetly to her daughter, who was fighting to stay awake. Melody's eyes slowly opened and closed. Julia stayed by her side for a little longer, wanting to make sure Melody would fall asleep without any issues.

The little girl loved to sleep, but she had more fun awake. Julia grabbed a small book from the toy basket that was by the corner of Melody's crib.

She opened up the book and started reading. "The sun has set not too long ago," she read.

Melody's big brown eyes trained on her mother.

She flipped the page of the book and read the next page. She occasionally showed her daughter the pictures. Melody yawned again and rubbed her eyes with her fist.

Julia flipped the page to the end of the book. "The day is gone. They say good night, and somebody turns off the lights," she read, closing the book.

"Julia," Steve whispered from the door.

The young mother turned around. Steve moved his hand towards him, gesturing for her to go to him. Julia lifted up her index finger, wanting Steve to give her a minute. She wanted to make sure that Melody was finally asleep. Julia placed her two hands on the crib and looked down at her almost one-year-old daughter.