076

It was the last day of the month of October.

Julia was upstairs getting Melody ready. They were going to go out in the neighborhood for Halloween.

It was the first time Melody was going out for trick or treat.

Julia was brushing Melodys long hair out of her face. The one year old was sitting down on her parents bed while her mother was brushing her hair, making two little ponytails.

The young girl had her Halloween costume on. Julia grabbed a black small bow and placed it on one of the ponytails. Melody was wearing a white and black striped onesie.

Steve was dressed up as a police officer. His hair was slicked back, and he found some glasses he thought looked cool on him.

Julia didn't know why, but he was also wearing a fake mustache. He looked cute, but she wasn't a fan of it. It felt weird when she kissed him. She wasn't used to it.

Julia was wearing a black and white striped shirt and black jeans

"You're under arrest for being too cute," Steve said, picking up Melody from the bed.

The one year old wanted to run away. He was lucky he caught up to her.

She had recently gotten better at running her first few tries; she would fall face down. It took her some time to master the complicated act of running.

Steve kissed Melody cheek repeatedly, making his daughter laugh. He placed Melody on the floor, and the girl was on the move.

"And you," Steve said, pointing at Julia. He grabbed his fake handcuffs "will be under arrest when we get back," he said, twirling the handcuff in his finger.

Julia stared at him with a challenging look "if you catch me."

He walked closer to her "oh." He wrapped his arms around her waist.

"I like the challenge." He leaned closer to her, their faces centimeters away from each other.

Julia could feel his breath on her lips when she flinched back, hearing a loud noise.

They looked toward their daughter, who was banging on the door; she wanted to get out.

They knew Melody was adventurous and was scared of nothing; they had the door locked so she wouldn't go down the stairs.

"Ah aahh," the young girl said, hitting the door with the palm of her hand.

Julia quickly gave Steve a kiss on his cheek and walked toward her daughter.

"You need to wait, Mellow," Julia said, walking behind her daughter.

"Mama," Melody hit the door again.

"Hold my hand" Julia extended her hand toward Melodys small one.

The girl knew the drill and took her mothers hand. Her sight was on the door; she was ready to go.