082

"Dada, I go," Melody insisted; she didn't want to stay behind. She wanted to go with her parents.

Steve kissed the top of her head. "You can't go with us, Melody, but as soon as we can, we will come back." 

Melody began to stomp her feet on the floor. "Me go," she said loudly.

He kneeled to be eye level with his daughter. "I need to go to the hospital. I need to be there for your mom. She's going to have your little brother or little sister."

Tears began to form in Melodys eyes. "Dada," she cried.

"Nancy is going to take care of you while we are gone. You're going to have fun with her."

The young girl wasn't close with Nancy as much as she was close with Robin, but Robin was in school hours away.

"You can play princesses with her," he added.

A smile began to form on her face. She began to jump in place, excited to play with her new dolls.

On the other side of the room Julia was in pain, holding her lower stomach.

She was trying to control her breathing. There was a sharp pain again she had not missed.

She wanted to only focus on what happens after the pain having her new baby in her arms, but with the pain in between her legs and lower back was hard to do.

She closed her eyes and breathed out. Julia gritted her teeth and said, "Steve."

He turned around to face Julia. "Coming." He got up and rushed to her side.

"What do you need?"

She opened her eyes and held his hand. "Take me to the hospital."

She squished his hand after feeling a contraction. "Please," she grunted.

He didn't complain about the pain in his hand; he knew the pain she was feeling in that moment was way worse.

Just in time there was a knock on the front door. "That must be Nancy."

The pair walked slowly toward the front door. Melody followed them with a sad expression on her face. She knew her parents were going to leave soon.

Steve unlocked the front door. "Great, you're here."

A tired Nancy stood by the entrance with a sleepy Jonathan closing the car door.

"Mellow, look who is here," Steve said.

Melody hid behind his leg. "Come on, say hi." Melody shook her head and hugged his leg.

Julia was in pain; she needed to go to the hospital. "Melody, sweetheart, we have to go."

Julia looked down and smiled through the pain, "I love you so much. We will be back soon. I promise."

Melody left Steve's leg and hugged her mother. Julia rubbed Melodys small back. Soon she's going to have her two babies with her. She was ready for the pain to go away.

Steve and Julia left the house. She slowly walked to the car.

Another car seat was placed in the back seat. Melodys car seat had bread crumbs in the seat.

Julia grunted as she buckled her seatbelt. "Steve, drive," Julia complained.

They were gone; he drove as fast as he could.

Memories began to flood his mind. He remembered how he sang to her when she was getting ready to give birth to Melody. It seemed to work for a little while.

"Do you want me to sing," he asked, looking at her then back to the road. "No," she gritted her teeth.

He stayed quiet the rest of the ride and drove faster than the speed limit. He didn't want Julia to give birth in the car.

Once they arrived at the hospital, Steve quickly got out of the car and sprinted to the other side of the car and helped Julia get out of the vehicle.

Julia could barely walk from the pain.

A nurse saw them and rushed to their side with a wheelchair. Carefully Julia sat on the wheelchair. She was uncomfortable and began to grunt, closing her eyes.

"Are you having frequent contractions," the nurse asked as she pushed Julia.

It took Julia a moment to process the question. "Maybe every three minutes. I'm not sure."

The nurse moved faster. "We need a doctor in room 405," the nurse said loudly.

The rest of the nurses that were by the reception desk moved faster. By the time Julia made it to the room, she was 9 centimeters dilated.

She was soon going to give birth to her second child. Everything happened so fast.

Steve was barely processing what was going on as different nurses walked in and out of the room.

Julia was on the bed getting in position to push.

He rushed to her side. He didn't remember labor being this fast with Melody.

Within the next seven minutes Julia began to push. She was sweating with a mix of tears.

He tried to be there for her and brush her hair away from her sticky face. He dried her face with a wet paper towel. 

"Julia, push one more time," the doctor instructed.

Julia pushed, letting out a sharp grunt. She lifted her head and gave a long push. "I see the head. The baby is almost here."

She was almost done. She was going to have her baby in her arms in no time.

Steve kissed the top of her head. "One more push."

With the rest of the strength she had, she pushed, holding her breath.

After the push, she felt lighter; she threw her head back into the pillow and heard a long cry.

Her baby was here.

She opened her eyes and looked where the sound was coming from.

The doctor was holding her baby. Happy tears began to form in her eyes. She was a mother of two.

"It's a girl," the doctor said, cutting the umbilical cord.

Another little girl.

"Mellow has a little sister," Steve said as tears ran down his cheek. He was a father of two little girls. He couldn't contain his joy.

"You did amazing, Julia," he told her, kissing her cheek and cleaning her tears with his thumb.

"We have another little girl," she breathed out.

This time Julia was conscious. After giving birth to Melody, she fainted, losing a lot of blood. She couldn't remember anything exactly, only the pain. With this delivery she was awake and could see her daughter. She wanted to hold her close to her and never let go.

After the nurses were done making sure nothing was wrong with the baby, they handed her to Julia.

A nurse that was holding her daughter came up to her side, exposed her chest and placed her daughter on her. It was important to have skin to skin with a newborn.

Julia held her daughter carefully because she was tiny. She was bald compared to Melody. Her eyes were also smaller and a little bit longer than Melody.  Both girls were already so different.

Julia couldn't wait to see them grow and have a special bond with each other.

Steve leaned closer to his two girls and said, "hello, Nora Blue."