070

Steve opened the Creel house, and vines were everywhere. They needed to be very careful. There was not a lot of room on the stairs they were able to step on without touching a vine.

They tiptoed their way inside the dark house. Slowly Steve took the first step up the stairs. Melody was intrigued by the texture of the walls. She extended her hands to touch it, but Steve gazed down at her and moved her hand. He looked down at her and shook his head.

Julia was careful not to touch any of the vines that were on the walls and staircase. Robin grunted with every step she took.

Everything seemed to be going well for the group when all of a sudden, an earthquake occurred, making them almost fall down the stairs. They held into each other, trying to keep their balance.

Nancy and Steve helped keep Robin on her two feet. Julia placed her hand on Nancy's shoulder for support.

The earthquake only lasted a couple of seconds. They thought they were out of trouble, but as they were going to continue walking, a vine moved upward and wrapped itself on Robin's leg. She was roughly pulled backwards. Her back hit the hard wall. More vines moved around her body. "Steve," Robin yelled as a vine slithered its way to her neck.

Everyone jumped into action. Steve, with his axe, tried to set Robin arms free. Nancy, with the back of her gun, began hitting the vines near Robin's side. Julia took out her dagger and started slashing the vines. She was able to cut the thin vines by Robin's feet, but the thicker ones were harder for the blade to go through.

It was no use; they couldn't free Robin. Shortly after, Steve was also pulled against the wall. "Steve," Julia yelled. He was pinned against the wall. His hands were secure, the vines were around his hands, pulling them. She tried to free him or at least take Melody out of harm's way, but before she could take another step closer, something wrapped around her arm.

Everything happened so fast that she didn't have enough time to react.

She was pulled, making her fall hard to the ground face-first. When she hit the floor, she fell on top of her hand. She heard a crack from underneath her. She grunted in pain.

From her leg, she was also dragged to the wall and pinned next to Steve. She dropped her dagger since her right wrist was dislocated.

The tentacle vine moved up her arm. The vines were tight around her arms and legs. It was mostly painful on her right wrist.

The more she fought against it, the more it tightened around her.

She could hear how her friends were struggling to breathe and how her daughter began to cry.

There was nothing she could do. She was tied up. She tried to look around to find a way out, but her weapons were out of reach, and her friends were fighting for their lives.

"Mama," Melody yelled in distress. She didn't have vines around her like the older teens did, but she could see how her parents were in danger.

While the group was trying to survive, Eleven was fighting Vecna and keeping Max safe. Both girls were in Vecnas Mind Lair, a place where he was stronger, or so he thought.

He had Eleven pinned against a tree trunk the same way he had the other bodies of the teens he had killed.

He was after Max; she was alone with no one to protect her. Her plan of thinking of her happy place didnt seemed to work against him.

He moved his long hand with his sharp nails close to Max's face. It was her turn to die.

She was stronger than the other ones he had killed, but he was up for the challenge.