092

The year was 2012; to be more specific, it was Christmas Eve.

Julia and Steve were in the kitchen of their house, getting everything ready.

Their kids, who weren't so little anymore, were all together again.

Not only were the Harringtons there, but also their significant other.

Melody and Nora were married; their last name was no longer Harrignton.

Melody had been married since the summer of 2009. She married her childhood best friend, Eric. Melody had a little boy who had recently turned two and was now nine months pregnant with her second child. The twenty seven year old waddled her way to the kitchen.

Melody's mother had made cookies of all flavors; they were nicely displayed on the kitchen counter. Melody eyed them, her mouth watering. Steve noticed his oldest daughter getting closer to the counter. Noticing that Julia was on the stove, her back to them, he grabbed a sugar cookie Melody's favorite now that she was pregnant.

He discreetly handed the cookie to his little girl. In his eyes she would always be his little Mellow. She grabbed the cookie and hid it behind her. She kissed his fathers cheek and whispered a thank you.

She left the kitchen the same way she came in, waddling her red dress with long sleeves moved upward with every step. Her two years old walked around the house confused, looking for his mother. He was changed into more comfortable pajamas, his cute dress pants and long sleeve sweater were put in his diaper bag.

Melody knew it wouldn't stay clean long enough and decided to stop fighting with her son.

The twins, who were seventeen years old, were watching Home Alone. They laughed at the scenes as it was the first time they had seen that movie.

It was their favorite movie they could remember watching when they were four years old. They were really cautious as to protecting their house from bad guys. They didn't want their toys to be taken away from them; they believed they were in the movie and set up a few traps around the house.

None of them were lethal to Priscillas dismay, but their father got a good scare. Steve had a scar on his foot to prove his kids' shenanigans. It was the only scar he could look at with a small smile, not being attached to the hard times he had faced in the past.

Next to the twins was sad and lonely Otis. Marisol had broken up with him; he had taken the breakup roughly. He didn't want to give up hope that sooner or later, they would date again.

His mother had told him that they were young and needed some space. They have spent all their time together. They needed to see what else was out there. He didnt care what else was out there; he only wanted Marisol.

His dad told him if it meant they would be together in no time. It's been the hardest month of his life.

Quinn padded Otis' shoulder as he watched his older brother exhale, defeated.

Nora and her husband of a year were playing Jenga in the middle of the living room. They were both sitting on the floor around the coffee table in front of the sofa where the others were watching the movie from.

Eric had made the mistake of playing with the couple. Nora and Ben were very competitive. Things had gone intense in the last fifteen minutes.

It was Eric's turn to play; he looked at the pieces deciding with one he was going to pull. As he got closer to any piece, Ben would grunt and shake his head while on his other side Nora would bite her thumb and hiss. They made the game impossible to be fun.

He ignored them and grabbed a piece from the lower button. Ben covered his face while Nora laughed at his reaction.

It was Ben's turn. He eyed his wife with a challenging look.