066

To defeat the bats and Vecna, they were going to need a lot of weapons, and Eddie knew the right place.

"I know where we can find weapons," Eddie added, his index finger up, his eyes shining happy about his idea.

After a quick moment, Eddie was back from his trailer with a newspaper in hand.

He placed it on the table everyone gathered around.

Julia left a sleeping Melody on the couch. One of her hands was above her tiny head, and drool on the corner of her mouth sliding down her rosy cheek. The mother gave her small daughter one last glance before she went to the table with the others.

She stood next to Steve, and from his peripheral vision he knew she was beside him and placed his hand on her lower back.

"Check this out. The War Zone. I've been there once. They got everything you need for, uh... well, killing things, basically," Eddie said, looking around the group.

"You think fake Rambo has enough guns there?" Robin pointed at a small picture in the newspaper, "Is that a grenade? I mean, how is any of this legal?"

"Well, lucky for us it is, so this place is just far enough outside of Hawkins. As long as we steer clear of main roads, we oughta be able to avoid cops and, uh, angry hicks," Eddie explained, having all the answers for this plan.

"If we're trying to avoid angry hicks, maybe we shouldn't go to some store called the War Zone," Erica pointed out.

Nancy and Lucas agreed it was worth the risk. Dustin, on the other hand, thought the distance was too long going back and forth with their bikes, it would take crucial time.

"Who said anything about bikes?" He looked at them.

"You got some car we don't know about," Steve asked, tilting his head to the side to see Eddie.

"It's not exactly a car, Steve. And it's not exactly mine." Eddie looked back at the newspaper and smiled "but, uh... it'll do."

Eddie lifted his head and looked at Max, who was concentrating on her own thoughts, "Hey, Red, uh, you got a ski mask or a bandanna, something like that?"

Max lightly flinched at Eddie's sudden voice. The redhead looked back at Eddie after a second. The corner of her mouth moved upward; she had what he needed.

After four minutes, Max walked out of her room, closing the door behind her. She threw a Halloween mask at Eddie.

The older teen looked down at the mask and smiled at it. "This would do."

It was time to go. The other teens were getting ready to get out of the door.

Julia gathered all of Melody's stuff. Inside the bag Julia had Melodys toys, the baby carrier, only one Gerber left, and at the very bottom, she found four Animal Crackers.

Steve helped her pack up; once they had all of their daughters stuff, Steve kneeled beside the couch where Melody was still sleeping.

He gently brushed her hair back. "Mellow, it's time to wake up," he said in a soothing voice.

His little girl didn't move with her fathers voice; she resumed to sleep peacefully.

"Come on, Mellow, it's time to wake up," he said, lightly moving her small body from side to side. Her thin small eyebrows furrowed, and a pout formed on her face.

She didn't want to wake up. A small grunt escaped her lips as Steve caressed her face with the back of his finger. Her hands were in a fist as she rubbed her eyes.