042

On Christmas morning, Julia woke up first. She gave Steve a good morning kiss on his forehead. His hair was all over the place his face was relaxed.

After she got out of the restroom, Julia went to the room next door, where Melody was barely waking up.

Her five month old daughter was on her crib yawning. "Good morning, sweet girl," Julia greeted her joyfully.

Melody's eyes widened seeing her mother. She extended her hands out to her mother.

She picked her up and kissed her cheek. "How did you sleep, my little Mellow," she asked her daughter.

Melody responded by yawning and resting her head on her shoulder.

The little girl was still tired, but Julia knew what would help her to wake up.

They walked in the room where Steve was still sleeping; his arms had moved to Julia's side of the bed.

The black blanket was covering only the lower part of his body, his hairy chest exposed. After seeing him without his shirt on multiple occasions, Julia still blushed seeing him like that. It was a view she would never get tired of seeing.

His crazy hair was all over the place his mouth was half opened. He was peacefully sleeping; his face was in a relaxed position.

"Let's wake up, dada," she whispered to her daughter, who smiled.

Julia dropped Melody on the bed. She bounced on the bed and dropped to all fours. She extended her arms as far as she could, reaching Steve's face.

Melody poked his lips with her little fingers. One of her fingers rested on his rosy lips. Steve only closed his mouth.

Seeing that her father was still sleeping, Melody squished his nose with her other hand. Steve woke up with a yelp. He grabbed his nose as Melody watched him curiously, grinning at him.

He was half asleep as he scanned the room; a worried expression was showing on his face until he saw Melody.

"Was that you, Mellow," he said in a sweet voice leaning closer to his daughter's face.

Melody placed her hand on his face repeatedly. She almost poked his eyes. "I love you too" he kissed her tiny hand when Melody hit him.

Julia lay on her side next to them, "It's Christmas," Julia said, thrilled.

"Is that today already," Steve asked, shocked, rubbing his hand on his eye. He was still tired.

"It is. Go wash your face and meet us downstairs."

Julia couldn't contain her joy.

Christmas with her father weren't the best; she never got presents, but this year was going to be different.

This year she had a family of her own. She had her beautiful healthy daughter with her. She wanted Melody to have a good first Christmas even though she wouldn't remember.

Steve kissed Melody's head and went to the restroom.

Julia wanted to wear matching sweaters for their first Christmas as a family of three. She already had on the sweater.

Before leaving the room, Julia took out Steve's sweater from a bag and set it on the bed. She had bought the three items of clothing the day before.

She went to Melody's room, where she changed her daughter's clothes.

The three of them wore matching Christmas sweaters. The lower side was red, while the top half was white. A row of snowflakes were horizontal in the middle all around the sweater.