067

The couple stopped chasing them shortly after they knew they couldn't catch up to a moving vehicle.

The owners of the RV were left behind as Steve continued to drive.

Now that Steve was driving closer to the speed limit, Julia decided to go to the front.

She left Melody with Robin and Nancy. Both teens didn't know what to do with the young girl. Nancy looked at Melody awkwardly. Robin grinned at Melody and leaned closer to her face.

Melody moved her head back, wanting her space. She looked in the direction where her parents were and extended her hand toward them.

Hearing footsteps getting closer to him, Steve looked over his shoulder.

Julia sat on the passenger seat. "I'm impressed. I didn't know you could drive an RV," Julia said, buckling in her seatbelt.

He chuckled, "This is great practice for me."

She waited for him to elaborate. "I don't think I ever told you this, but I always had this dream that I'd have this really... really big family." He didn't look for her reaction, nervous he would scare her away. It's the first time he had said it out loud.

"I'm talking, like, uh, a full brood of Harringtons. Like, five, or six kids," he said with a big smile.

Julia's eyes slightly widened. She didn't think her body would be able to go through pregnancy six different times.

"Six little nuggets. Three girls, three boys." He let out a warm laugh, his eyes creezed.

Julia didn't interrupt him; she was intrigued on what he had to say.

"And every summer, I figured all of us Harringtons, we would pack into something like this." With his index finger, he moved it around in a circular motion.

"And just see the country." He looked ahead in concentration as if he was picturing what he had just talked about with a smile on his lips.

She looked at him thoughtfully. He blinked a few times and said, "You know, the Rockies, Grand Canyon, maybe Yellowstone," he listed.

Happiness radiated from him as he said, "End up in some beachside town in California. Spend a week parked in the sand. Learn how to surf or something."

She smiled at him. "I love that. It sounds fun. I want to see more than just Hawkins."

She stared at the empty road. "I think learning how to surf would be fun, but we should wait until Melody is a bit older so she can properly enjoy the trip."

He looked at her for a few seconds, surprised by her response. He thought she would react differently and not want the same thing as him.

Her eyes sparked for a second. "Let's add Niagara Falls to your list," she said excitedly, looking at him.

She didn't have to ask him twice. He would take her anywhere she wanted. If she told him she wanted to see all the National Parks, he would take her to every single one.

After a second, she added, "Oh, and six kids, that's too much." She shook her hand. "I don't think my body and mind can take that many pregnancies."

He would never pressure her in having a lot of kids if that was something she didn't want. It was his dream of having a big family, and maybe it wasn't something she wanted, and that was fine.

He chucked, "I agree six might be too much. How many are you thinking?" He glanced at her as his two hands were on the steering wheel.

"I don't know," she answered honestly. She knew she wanted more, but she wasn't sure how many. "I don't want Melody to be an only child, but I want to give my body some time to rest." Her pregnancy wasn't easy, mostly at the end. It was hard for her mentally and physically.