030

Julia struggled to keep her eyes open.

Her arm that was around Lucas' shoulder slowly dropped to the side.

"Julie," Lucas said, scrunching his eyebrows.

"I don't-" she started by saying but didnt finish her sentence as her eyes rolled back and her body shut down.

Lucas sustained her upright as much as he could. Jonathan sprinted behind her and catch her before she hit the ground.

The rest of the kids and Nancy circle them. "What happened," Will asked, looking at his brother.

"I don't know, I think everything that just happened is finally settling down."

He looked at Nancy "we need to take her inside." Nancy nodded with a worried look. "Someone bring me a wheelchair," Jonathan added a second later.

Will went inside the hospital looking for a wheelchair.

"We can't let her stay here." Lucas gestured to the hospital with broken windows, and the lights were slowly going back to normal.

"That thing is gone. She's going to be safe here," Nancy said, sounding unsure.

"Where is Steve anyway," she added. Lucas shrugged, Will brought the wheelchair. Nancy and Jonathan moved Julia to the wheelchair.

"Go and wait for us in the car. We will be right back," Nancy announced, not listening to the kids' protest.

Lucas knew that Julia would be mad at them for leaving her behind.

Nancy and Jonathan went back to the hospital, pushing Julia in the wheelchair. They took her to the labor and delivery unit.

The hospital was in chaos after finding the dead bodies.

The nurses didn't ask questions when they brought in Julia.

The staff could barely wrap their heads around what was going on. One nurse took Julia. The only thing she asked was for her name, and then she disappeared into another hall.

Every four hours the nurse would go into the room. The nurse checked on Julia and her baby.

Both heartbeats were accelerated. It wasn't good for the baby, and because of that, they kept a close eye on both of them.

Several machines were connected to Julia. The amount of stress Julia faced in the last couple of hours could cause her baby to be born premature.

If the baby was born too soon or too small, it would increase the risk of health problems.

A nurse opened the door of a room. The room was quiet, and the lights were off.

The nurse turned on the lights and flipped through the chart with all the information from the patient. The name Julia was written on the top left side.

The nurse checked Julia's vital signs. Her temperature was normal, her respiration rate was slow and steady, and her blood pressure wasn't as high as it was a few hours ago.

Julia slowly moved on the bed. She opened her eyes and looked around, confused. "Where am I," she said, her voice sounding hoarse.

The nurse smiled down at her "you are at the hospital. I'm going to ask you a few questions," the nurse said, walking to the right side of the bed.

"Can you tell me your name?"

Julia looked around the room again, she was alone. The memories of what happened the day before started to appear in her mind.

"I can't be here," she said, trying to get up.

The nurse gently pushed her back "you can't leave."

Julia moved her arm from the nurse's reach. "Why," Julia asked, paranoid.