075

By the month of August, Steve quit Family Video and started working full-time at his father's boring job.

He didn't like his coworkers, but he loved talking to the customers. He could put his charm to good use.

His father had three agencies, the bigger one in Hawkins, the second one was in Illinois, and he recently opened one in California. He wanted to open at least one in every state.

The Harringtons Agency was becoming popular in Hawkins.

A lot of people were trying to sell their houses after Vecna attacked, and because of that, not a lot of people wanted to buy the houses.

Now a few months have passed, and a few people have become interested in buying the houses in the small town of Hawkins. They were drawn to the weird events that had occurred in the last few years.

Mr. Harrington was unaware, but his son knew all about it. Steve's favorite part was to give the possible buyers a tour of the town. Places he knew since he was little, places he had to go to fight monsters, and new places he always goes back to.

Steve entered Julia's business with six people. A single man in his mid-20s. A couple in their 30s with their two kids and an older bald man.

"If you decide to move to Hawkins, you can eat all of these delicious desserts," Steve said, gesturing to the donuts, cakes, and cookies that were behind him.

Julia smiled, seeing her boyfriend. She knew Steve was not the happiest with the job; she told him she was going to find another way to pay his father back, but Steve insisted he had to do it.

She couldn't deny he looked extra handsome in a suit. He recently got a trim, and his hair was pushed back a little. He used a specific cologne for work she loved.

Julia walked to the front of the store holding a circular plate on top of it; she had pieces of cookie they could try. "Hello, everyone. Welcome to The Secret Ingredient," Julia said in an upbeat tone.

The kids quickly made their way to her and grabbed two pieces of cookies. "The cookies are so good, Mom," one of the kids said, looking up at the woman.

The older kid grabbed another cookie. "It's a sugar cookie," he said with crumbs on the side of his mouth.

Julia smiled at the two kids. They were much older than her daughter.

It didn't take long for the plate to be empty. With the empty plate, Julia walked away. She was happy everyone liked her cookies. It always made her feel proud of herself when the customers enjoyed her creations.

Steve watched Julia as she walked to the back room. Someone whistled behind him. "I'll tell you what. I'll buy the house just so I can see her every day," the 25-year-old man said.

Steve turned around to be face-to-face with Ty. Ty was a few inches taller than him. He had dirty blonde hair and a tan. Steve didn't know why Ty wanted to move to Hawkins. He didn't belong in a town like this.

A few seconds ago, Steve thought if Ty stayed, they could become friends, but now Steve wanted him far away from Hawkins.

Ty licked his full lips, and his eyes remained on Julia. Steve walked in front of Ty and clapped his hands together. The kids flinched with the sudden sound. "The tour is over. I'll take you guys back to the neighborhood," Steve said directly, looking at Ty.

"I'll be there in a second. I'm going to buy a few donuts," the older man said.

"Mom, I want donuts too," the young girl said, pulling on her mothers dress. The woman looked at her husband. The man let out a sigh and said, "I'm only buying one donut you two have to share." The siblings began to complain. They didn't want to share.