008

Steve and Billy were unconscious on the floor right next to each other.

Steve had a few bandaids on his face that Dustin found in one of Mrs. Byers drawers.

"Where do you guys think you're going," Julia asked as the kids made their way to the front door.

Mike had his hand on the doorknob. Max was behind him with Billy's car keys, Lucas was next to her. Dustin was next to Steve's body but looking at his friends, wanting to go with them but not leaving his new friend behind.

"Julia, we have to help El," Mike said, his hand not leaving the doorknob.

"We were told to stay here. They have everything under control," she reassured him, hoping that it were true.

"You know that's not true. They need us."

"Uh, I can drive us there," Max added.

Julia knitted her eyebrows "you know how to drive?" Max shrugged "it's easy. I've done it before," she said with ease.

Julia looked at her skeptically, not believing her. Max didn't know why but the way that Julia was looking at her made her say the truth "okay, fine, it was in a parking lot" she rolled her eyes, "but it still counts," she added fast with her index finger pointed at Julia.

"I guess you can drive in a parking lot but not take us there," Julia explained.

Mike's eyes widened,  "Wait, so we are going." Julia took a step closer, trying not to step on Billy, "I didn't say that."

She crossed her arms and looked at the four kids.

"Jules, please let us go," Lucas begged. The four kids were making puppy eyes at her.

How could she say no to that?

She shook her head, "I'm sorry, but it's dangerous an-"

"Don't make us knock you out too," Dustin said.

"Are you threatening me, Dustin Henderson," Julia said firmly with her arms crossed on her chest.

"Uh, no."

"Don't listen to him." Max gently hit Dustin's shoulder and took a step closer to Julia. "We will go add the gasoline and get out just as fast. Please let us go."

"Please," the three boys said in unison.

"Ugh, fine," the kids began to cheer, "but you will listen to me. If things go south, we get out. I'll drag you kids out if I have to. Is that clear?"

The kids nodded rapidly with bright smiles.

The plan changed a little; they were going to the tunnels to help out El.

She could do it; Julia just needed to be confident and be there for the kids.

She took a deep breath and exhaled, "let's go then."

Mike was already out the door "wait, what about Steve," Dustin asked.

Julia looked back "right," she mumbled. She might have forgotten about him. She thought for a second.