022

The school year was coming to an end. Julia and Steve were graduating High School.

It was a big milestone for many teens; all the hard work done in the last years was finally paying off.

The graduation ceremony was taking place at the end of May in the afternoon.

Outside Hawkins High School, parents and other family members were already sitting on the bleachers.

In the middle of the field were several rows of chairs, and all the seniors graduating that year were sitting down wearing their green cap and gown, waiting for their names to be called.

Steve and Julia had arrived just a couple of minutes ago.

Julia was having a hard time finding clothes that fit her, and she used the restroom three times; when they arrived at school, she needed to go again.

It was starting to get annoying, but eventually, they made it.

By the time they arrived at the school field, Kim and other classmates were already there.  Julia was thankful she wasn't the last one.

Fifteen minutes after she took a seat on the last row, Billy got there. He looked like he just woken up and was holding the gown lazily in his hand.

"Good afternoon to parents, friends, and faculty staff that could be here today. Thank you to parents and friends for being every step of the way to our fellow students, especially today," the principal said into the microphone, looking at the crowd in front.

"These students have worked hard to be here right now. I have seen it first hand," the principal smiled, looking down at the paper with his speech written down.

He flipped the page where the names of the students were written down.

"Jessica Avery," the principal read out loud.

A girl with short blonde hair got up and walked down the field, where she shook hands with the vice principal, and with her other hand she received her diploma. A few people from the bleachers cheered for the young girl.

A boy was off the stage as the principal said, "Kimberly Bell." Kimberly got up from her chair, fixed her cap, and with a bright smile, walked down the field.

From where Julia was sitting down, she clapped and cheered for her best friend. Two rows in front of her, Steve clapped for the girl.

Kim waved at her parents and lifted up her diploma, proud of herself. The crowd erupted in cheer.

A few more names were called then it was Billys turn, "William Hargrove."

As Billy walked up to the vice principal, he winked at a few girls that were watching his every move. He had them wrapped around his finger, one of them being Kimberly.

The young girl clapped and smiled from ear to ear. She winked at him when he passed by, making Billy smirk.

Julia knew that there was something going on between them, but whenever she asked her best friend about it, she would change the conversation or say they weren't serious.

Billy was bad news all around. Julia knew Kimberly didn't want to believe her or was blind about it.

Either way Julia tried her best to change her mind on him.

They both applied to work on the community pool during the summer. Julia could only hope that by spending more time with Billy, Kim would realize the bad person that he truly is.

"Steve Harrington."

Julia smiled proudly as Steve made her way to the vice principal.

Mr. and Mrs. Harrington cheered for their son.