085

The Harringtons were celebrating Christmas in 1990 in their new home.

Steve had bought a house in California last year. It was a big decision for both of them.

Moving away from everything they knew, but they knew it was best for their kids.

Steve's dad helped him get a good deal in a large house in California. It was a two story house with four bedrooms.

It reminded him of his old house, but this one was all his. Where he would make new memories with his kids and where they would grow up.

The first few months were hard on the girls saying goodbye to their friends they have known their whole lives. They were slowly getting used to the new place and making new friends.

The Harrington kids had woken up bright and early on Christmas morning.

They had their green and red nightgowns.

The living room was decorated with a medium size tree in the corner of the living room. Underneath the tree several presents were placed, one on top of the other.

The girls screeched in delight, seeing Santa had come to their house.

Melody had tried to stay up, waiting to see Santa go down the chimney, but she fell asleep. Nora didn't stay up like her sister wanted her to; she fell asleep quickly.

The girls jumped with big smiles on their faces. "Santa was here!" Melody ran to the tree looking for her presents.

Nora followed her sister and took the first present she saw. "That's not for you, Nora," Melody said after she read the tag.

Nora dropped the gift and moved on to the next one. Nora grabbed another smaller present, brought it close to her face and shook the gift. She could hear something inside. Something was hitting the box back and forth.

Melody took the box from Nora and set it to the side. "That's for mommy," she said in a strict tone.

"Mine," Nora argued.

"No, this is your present," Melody handed her sister a weird shape present.

Happily Nora took it and began to rip the paper.

She looked at it curiously once all the wrapping paper was off. "Wow," Melody said, walking back to her and hitting the present.

Nora started hitting it as it made a sound. "What is it, mama," Melody asked curiously.

Julia went down the stairs. It was 7 am, and everyone was already up. She had changed Otis' diaper and made her way to the living room.

"It's a drum set," she answered, holding her three-month-old son as she sat on the sofa.

Nora got the drumsticks and began hiring it instead with her hands. "Who gave her that," Julia asked, feeling a headache coming in.

Nora handed Melody the tag since she couldn't read. "Aunty Robin."

"Of course she did," mumbled Julia.

She watched her girls opening more presents.

Wrapping paper was all over the place as Nora threw it behind her rapidly.

Both girls were beaming, looking at what Santa got for them this Christmas.

"It's what I always wanted," Melody expressed as she lifted a beautiful purple dress.

Without wasting any time, she took off her nightgown and put on her dress. It fit her perfectly. She spun around as she said "I love it."

Now with the dress on, she kneeled and continued to open the rest of her presents.