Bonus Chapter Alex and Sasha

It's another sweltering day in Gold Coast and with my broken AC, it doesn't get any better. There I was, placing all my freshly designed surfboards on behind the other as sweat continued to drip down my back. I had already called the technician, but he wasn't able to come until Monday morning, leading me to work through the heat; the only thing keeping me alive at this point is my portable fan next to the cash register, as well as all the others that have been strategically placed all over the store. As I placed the last surfboard, I felt my phone buzz in my pocket, so I pulled it out as I walked back behind the cash register. Daniel just sent a video of Lil' C taking his very first steps towards a very heavily pregnant Astrid to the group chat.

"Come on Bean!" Astrid encouraged the little man to walk towards her. Watching my nephew clumsily walk towards one of my favourite humans on the planet made me smile so hard, that my cheeks started to ache. As we grew older, I watched how all my best friends started to settle down, getting married and knocking up their spouses. Now, my cell phone gallery is full of photos of Lori's children, Jack, Daniel, Astrid, and Daniel; every so often, pictures of Stephanie and Chelsea, with their respective partners backpacking through Europe are sent to the group chat.

I knew I was going to be the last one to settle down and I know there was going to be a lengthy period in my life where I was only going to be known as 'Funcle Alex;' I mean, I've always been known for my antics and behaviour. Sure, I've been on dates and had flings occasionally, but many of them either leave because I am too immature or they try to 'change' me, something I have grown tired of and has made me stay clear from relationships for an exceedingly long time. Now, I just party get drunk and sometimes I must sneak out from some random girl's apartment. The rush excites me, I can do whatever I want, and I am not tied down.

Do not get me wrong, I am fond of that lifestyle, but sometimes I can't help but imagine coming home after a long day at the store and being with my kids and my beautiful wife. See, sometimes, I have afternoons where I stay at the back of the store and polish my surfboards; during that time, you can't help but let your imagination drift off away from patterns and designs and start picturing how your daughter would have her mother's eyes, or whether your son, who could look like a carbon copy of yourself, will help you at the store after a long day in school. I knew that I wanted that life. I wanted to have my little tribe and show off, but I knew that it was going to be a long time for that to happen.

My phone snapped me back to reality. Checking who was calling me, I saw that it was Brad, a friend of mine. "What's up man," I casually spoke. I met Brad 2 weeks into moving to Australia. After surfing a whole morning, he approached me, and we bonded over our love for surfing. Over the years, we have gotten closer, and even though I respect him and our friendship, it was different from the guys back home. As though our only source of bonding was alcohol and chicks.

"Listen mate," he began. "There's a new club opening here at the city tonight."

"Sounds like a plan," I began. "But it's a Friday tonight and I got to open early tomorrow." I always go out on a Saturday night, mostly because I close the shop that afternoon and well, Sunday's God's Day. You do not fuck with that.

"Come on man," he whined. "You can leave early and besides, maybe you'll see her again."

Say no fucking more.

"Okay, I'm in."

You're asking yourself, who are you talking about? After years of partying and casual dating, there is one woman that has never left my mind. A few months ago, I was out at a nightclub with Brad; he was getting chicks left and right, I on the other hand... was very unsuccessful. They used my accent as an excuse, saying things like, "I don't understand you," or some shit, but I knew that they were spewing bullshit. You see, Brad just inherited his father's multi-millionaire company, making him fucking rich, I on the other hand, owns a simple surfboard shop, making me a nobody in their eyes. Yes, I get the girls, but once they see that Brad has money spilling out of his pockets, I simply do not exist anymore.