14

I was standing by Gigi's locker checking my phone every now and then to see if I received a message from her. I felt horrible when I shouted at her. I could tell she was hurt. But the worst part is, I don't know why I decided to lash out at her. All she did was tell me I read well. But I hated it, I hated being the center of attention. I hated having all eyes on me.  Ten minutes before the first period started, I saw Gigi approaching towards her locker. She stopped once she saw me.

"I'm sorry." I began "I'm sorry for lashing out, I know it was wrong, I feel horrible you don't deserve it-"

"Hey" she cut me softly "it's ok!"

"But I was a total bitch to you!" I complained.

"I know" she smiled "but I feel like it was my fault. I shouldn't have kept going and I didn't know it bothered you."

"It's ok, you didn't know. Peace?" I opened my arms, waiting for her to hug me.

"Hhmmm, I don't know, considering the fact that-" I cut her off by giving her a bone crushing hug.

After our embrace, we headed towards the girls.

"That one?" Stephanie pointed a girl with glasses.

"Nah, not his type." Lori said.

"And that one?" Chelsea signalled the small girl that passed by.

"Too petite."

"Hey Guys whats up?" Gigi butted in.

"Oh haven't you heard?" Gigi and I looked at each other "Daniel skipped the whole school period with a girl."

"No fucking way!" Gigi exclaimed.

Oh no.

"What's the big deal? They were having sex probably." I asked.

Casually.

"Daniel normally skips a whole period to bang a girl in the janitor's closet. But this. This is new."

I never felt so uncomfortable in my LIFE.

I caught Gigi look at me.

"What why are you staring at me like that?" I stuttered.

"You skipped the whole school period too." She pointed out.

Oh fuck.

"Uhh yeah I-I didn't feel well." I lied.

"OH MY GOD!" The girls screamed, causing heads to turn.

Before I could react, I was pulled into the nearest bathroom.

"Beat it." Lori spat to the freshmen girls, causing them to rush out. Once the whole bathroom was clear they all looked at me.

"Spill." I rolled my eyes.

"Ok yes. I was that girl" they all squealed "but nothing happened."

"Oh really?" Chelsea smirked.

"He took me to some beach and started telling me this crappy story about his mother. But that's it." I pointed out.

They all gave each other the same panicked looks.

"What? What's wrong?"

"Astrid" Lori began "what was the beach like?"

"Well, it had like, rocks-"

"On each side?" She finished as I nodded "and what about his mother. What did he say?"

"Well he began to tell me how he used to go there every night to hear the waves. What? Why is this important?"