8

I woke up to the birds chirping outside my window as the sun kissed my cheeks.

Just kidding.

I woke up the bloody sound of my alarm clock blaring at full volume, causing me to fall from my bed.

A king sized bed.

I still don't know how the fuck I managed to do that.

Groaning, I got up and fixed myself as I made my way to the kitchen. Oliver was there making pancakes. I sat down and reached for one, but Oliver slapped my hand with the burning spatula.

"No touchie!"

"Why?" I whined.

"Cause they're for the hot guy that's in my room. Go and get yourself something." He gave me a few dollars and showed me away. Flipping him the finger, I rushed downstairs and got dressed up. I opted for the classic multi coloured cropped t shirt and leggings and tied my hair in a messy bun. Grabbing my phone and the money Oliver gave me, I rushed upstairs to be avoided. Once I got out, I went around town to find a good café.

It took me ten minutes to find one. So as soon as I got in, I paid for a hot chocolate and a big waffle.

Yes. Waffles over pancakes.

Don't you dare judge me.

As soon as I left the place, I bumped into someone.

Mason.

"Oh sorry didn't see you!" I exclaimed.

"Hey it's ok" he looked up and squinted his eyes "Hey I know you."

"You're the girl that stood up to Daniel during lunch!" He recognised.

"Yup that's me." I chuckled.

"Mason. Mason Gonzalez." He stretched his arm.

"Astrid. Astrid Johnson" I shook his hand, eyeing him as I noticed that there was a Spanish hint in his accent.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" He chuckled nervously.

"¿Hablas español?" I asked.
("Do you speak Spanish?")

"Si soy latino. De parte de mi madre." He smiled proudly.
("Yeah I'm Latino. From my mother's side").

"Nice."

"But how come you have a Spanish accent if your name's British?" He curiously asked.

"My mum's English and my dad's Spanish." I shrugged.

"Nice." He echoed.

We sat down on a bench and talked. I learnt that his mother's family was from Cuba and fled the country the revolution and moved to Mexico. As soon as his mother was an adult, she moved to America, got married and boom, this fine specimen was presented to the world.

I mean, I'm not even complaining.

"So if you can speak Spanish fluently, why'd you get it?" He asked.

"Just to see what you guys are teaching. Besides, I don't want to stop speaking the language." I shrugged and he nodded understanding.

Then, my phone started to vibrate. Picking it up, I noticed it was an unknown ID caller. I shrugged and cancelled the call. Before I could speak, the phone vibrated again and the same number appeared on the screen.

"You know he won't leave you alone."

"You know this person?"

"It's Daniel." He chuckled.

"Why is he calling me?" I exasperated.

"Well." He ran his hand through his hair "you're new and stuff. But, you're kinda the first girl to ever confront him. And using those words and comments, well, curiosity got him."