13

There he was. Standing on the other side of the hall, with his ruffled hair hidden underneath his beanie. His piercing green eyes stared down at me. But there was some sort of comfort that went along with it, like I didn't want to run away. In fact, that comfort made me want to go closer.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well I go to this school and..." he teased, trying to lighten my mood.

"Haha very funny." I rolled my eyes and chuckled, it was working.

I noticed he was staring down at me.

"What?"

"Let me take you somewhere." He spoke softly, lifting his arm for me to hold on to.

"How do I know you're not taking me to the woods and murder me?" I half joked.

Half joked.

"Cause if I was going to do that, I would've knocked you out instead" he joked, causing me to laugh.

"come on, let me take you?"

I eyed him "I don't know, I mean, it's a kind gesture but I have class now." I excused.

He rolled his eyes "would you rather have double biology with Satan reincarnated or spend time with me." He gestured himself as he spoke.

"Well, if you put it that way, I would rather have double biology..." he cut me off by pulling my arm.

"Oh, one thing I forgot to mention" he turned around and smiled "I don't take no for an answer."

***

Daniel and I were sitting in the car for several minutes. None of us talked, but it wasn't awkward. The radio was the only source of sound, and some weird song was playing.

"Oh cut the crap" I complained "do you have an aux cord or something?"

"Yeah it's down there somewhere." He didn't take his eyes of the road.

I looked down at the floor of my seat and saw a black cable. Bingo. I picked it up, and plugged it into my phone.

"Oh hell no." Daniel commented as reached for the cable, but I was fast enough to pull back.

"What why?"

"You're gonna put some one direction or Justin Bieber shit." I laughed.

"Well thank you for insulting my taste in music." I sarcastically remarked, causing him to roll his eyes.

"No seriously, what music do you have."

"Well, Guns n Roses, Bon Jovi, The Scorpions, AC/DC..." I began to list.

"Holy shit that's some good shit!" He exclaimed.

"And you say I have a horrible taste." I rolled my eyes.

"Well I thought you were going to put Baby by Justin Bieber!" He defended himself.

"Oh well, Baby does have a special place in my heart." I grinned.

He took his eyes of the road and looked at me.

"Don't you even dare."

I pressed play.

Ooh whoa, ooh whoa, ooh whoa
You know you love me, I know you care
Just shout whenever and I'll be there
You are my love, you are my heart
And we will never, ever, ever be apart

I screamed the lyrics at the top of my lungs

Are we an item? Girl quit playin' ( I gestured him)
We're just friends, what are you sayin'. (I placed my hand onto my chest with a pained expression)
Said there's another, look right in my eyes (I got closer to him and batted my eyes)
My first love, broke my heart for the first time

As I reached the chorus, I screamed, causing Daniel to laugh.

"You're absolutely insane!" He remarked as he chuckled.

"Well it's better to be crazy than to be boring." I clapped back, causing him to laugh.

Wow that's some sexy laugh.

I shook the thought away and looked forwards only to see a beach.

"We're here." He pulled his keys and opened the door. I came out through the other side and saw Daniel pick up some blankets.

"What's with the blankets?"

"Well I figured that it would get colder, plus I would've guessed that you wouldn't want to share a blanket with me" he gave a lip sided smile, causing me to smile.

We headed towards the beach, placed the blankets onto the sand and watched the sea.

We sat there in total silence watching the waves clash onto the rocks.

"My mother and I used to go hear every night. We would lay here and listen to the waves-"

"Do you use this story with other girls?" I caught him "save it."

"Wow, one minute you're cheery and nice, and now you're plain mean." He laughed.

"Cause guys like you do that."

"Guys like me?" He seemed intrigued.

"Yeah, guys like you. Guys that treat girls like crap. Hide loads of secrets blah blah blah."

He chuckled.

"What?" I exclaimed turning towards him.

"Nothing nothing" he lifted his arms in surrender "it's just that, you don't even know me!" He looked back at me.

This reminded me of the time I ridiculed myself in front of him. The time I was left speechless.

"I know." I replied still looking at him, into those green eyes "and I'm not planning to."

"We both know that you're lying."

And we both know that he's right about that.