24

"No you're wrong!" I heard Alex exclaimed as I approached to their table during lunch. "Waffles are way better and pancakes!"

"Excuse me?" Lori exclaimed. "Pancakes are delicious and fluffy!"

"Hey guys what's going on?" I asked.

"Good Astrid's here," Alex sighed with relief. "What's better, pancakes or waffles?"

"Waffles without a doubt!" I answered without hesitation as Alex fist bumped me.

"Are you kidding me?" Gigi exasperated, causing Mason to chuckle beside her. "Waffles are basic!"

"And pancakes aren't?" I retorted.

"Ooh she's got a point," Alex pointed out as he first bumped me again.

"Who has a point?" Daniel asked as he approached to our table. Throwing his bag onto the floor, he sat next to me, however, he made sure there was a distance between us.

"Astrid," Mason smirked as he looked at both of us.

That idiot...

"Whatever," Gigi dismissed. "Pancakes are way better than waffles."

"Oh no they're not." Daniel smirked. "Waffles are food for the gods!"

"Oh really?" I laughed. "Cause you didn't say that last night!"

The table went silent as soon as those words left my mouth. Everyone looked at both of us with confusion and shock. Once I realised what I said, I noticed that Daniel froze and I looked at him, only to see him looking down at me with the same shocked expression.

Why?

Why does this always happen to me?

"What did you just say Astrid?" Lori and Gigi asked slowly.

"I umm...ahh," I couldn't find any excuse. I looked at Mason and he quickly understood my situation and backed me up.

"What Astrid is trying to say is that Daniel and I-"

"Don't even think about lying to us Mason," Lori threatened, causing Mason to gulp. The table looked at both Daniel and I with curious eyes, as if they wanted us to confess our relationship.

"Well?" Chelsea inquired. "What's going on between you two?"

Daniel and I looked at each other, his dark green reassuring eyes meeting my brown ones that were filled with hesitation. Daniel must've noticed my nervousness as he placed an arm around my shoulders and pulled me close to his body.

Not that I was complaining of course.

"Well," Daniel started as he looked at me, smiling. "I guess we could say that Astrid is my girlfriend!"

The table still remained silent. I expected the girls to squeal and clap their hands together and the boys to first bump Daniel. But no, they decided to remain silent, causing the atmosphere to be awkward, even though their facial expression changed, from curious to shock.

"YES!" Alex thrusted his arms up into the air, causing people to turn their heads towards our table."I WON, YOU BITCHES OWE ME MONEY!"

The rest of the table expect for Mason, groaned and grabbed their wallets.

"Wait what?" I asked. "You guys have been betting on us?"

"Obviously," Alex shoot me a 'duh' look. "Isn't it obvious? There was a lot of sexual tension between you two." The rest of the table nodded with agreement. I groaned and covered my face with embarrassment as Daniel laughed and kissed the top of my head.