19

Daniel just stood there, staring. With his arms across his broad and muscled chest... The urge to prounce on him and rip his clothes off suddenly overtook me

¡Astrid para!
(Astrid stop!)

I looked away

"Well this is awkward..." I mumbled to myself quietly, but Daniel must've heard it as he raised his brow and chuckled, "You think?"

"Ok, well, what do you want me to say?" I spat, flailing my arms in the air.

"I don't know," he snapped, "Talk about the weather or something."

That's when I remembered about the lie he told me about the roads being cut. I decided to confront him about it.

"Oh yeah, it seems like it's not going to rain today!" I faced the window and then glared at him. "Good thing the roads won't be cut."

As soon as he heard the last part, his eyes widened with realisation and blush covered his tanned cheeks. He let out a nervous laugh and scratched the back of his neck, flexing his muscles. "You figured that out didn't you?"

"Yeah, with a little help from my cousin," I still glared at his direction. "I mean, seriously, why did you lie? To get into my pants?"

He dropped his arm and this time, it was his turn to glare at my direction, causing me to recoil due to the intensity of his deep forest eyes. "Did I make a move on you in bed?" he accused.

"N-no but-," I stammered.

"Exactly," he spat. "I'm not that kind of guy. I don't need to lie to a girl for sex. I'm wouldn't be that big of a dick."

"Well if it wasn't for sex," I stood up, folded my arms and took a step forward, "Why did you lie?"

"Because," he mirrored my actions, filling the space between us. "There was a storm outside and I didn't want anything to happen to you."

Once he finished his sentence, I finally understood why he lied. His mother died in a car accident when there was a storm. How didn't I realise before! Jesus Christ, what is going on with me!?

I closed my eyes and exhaled as loudly as I could, "It's ok," he assured.

"This is the second time I'm being a complete dumbass about your mother!" I exclaimed, covering my face.

"Well it's not like it's your fault that she died."

Wow. Way to be blunt.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled into my hands.

"Hey," He grabbed me by my shoulders and shook me lightly. "It's ok. You are not responsible for it."

Damn, I was going to have to be more careful with that subject. I kept on forgetting about his damaged past hidden beneath his layers and carefree attitude. He just seemed so flawless, with his player attitude and incredible physique. Up close, with his hands on my shoulders I could see his furrowed brow and his concerned eyes looking into mine. Those dark green eyes. It took me a minute to realise his mouth was moving and Ihad no clue what he was saying. He snapped his fingers in my face to make me focus, "Astrid, are you even listening?"

"Sorry, what?" I blinked and blushed.

"I said that the guys and I are going out on Friday. You coming?"

"Dunno," I mumbled. "I'm going to have to check with the girls. Why? Something going on?"

"It's Mason's birthday. Big man's turning eighteen."

"Oh nice! We'll definitely be there then, especially Gigi," I laughed.

"Awesome," He chuckled as he pulled his phone out to confirm it in his group chat. Once he sent the message he looked down at me with soft features and a faint smile.