5

It's been a few weeks since I moved to Statesville, I realised one thing. Well two things.

One, Chelsea is obsessed with Daniel. She cannot stop talking about him and complains why he never texts him.

And two, I hate calculus with burning passion. Like seriously, I don't give a crap about numbers.

Moving on...

I was sitting in class, calculus (yay for me) bored out of my mind. Gigi was blabbering about her visiting her boyfriend who was in university as a surprise, Stephanie was popping her gum and chewing it with her mouth open. It wasn't until Chelsea threw her phone onto the table, but even the teacher gave no fucks.

"Ugh I hate Daniel. He's such a dick!"

We all raised our eyebrows.

"I don't know if I'm surprised that you threw your phone and didn't crack" I pointed out.

"Or that you cursed." Stephanie mentioned.

"Or that you finally realised that he was a dick." Gigi finished.

Chelsea gave us stern looks and began to tell us what bothered her.

"I mean, since the make out, I thought we had some sort of connection. Like, I followed him on Instagram and immediately talked to him. He talked occasionally."

"Was it blunt, short responses?" Stephanie asked.

"Yeah." We all groaned.

"Anyways" ignoring us three "my parents are away for the month, and last night I invited him to my house. I used the 'my parents aren't home excuse' and he said he'll be there in five minutes. So, I dolled up and put my mother's lingerie."

"Ew" Gigi grimaced.

"Anyways" she gave her a stern look " I waited and waited until I realised that I waited for two hours. I called him and he told me he was busy. Now I texted him and asked me why and he just left me read! Like hello?"

Gigi, Stephanie and I looked at each other and sighed.

Oh boy.

"Maybe... He was busy" Gigi excused.

"Or his car broke down." Stephanie backed her up. Chelsea looked at me, begging for a reasonable answer. So I gave her one.

"Maybe he's not interested in you." What? It's reasonable.

Chelsea's eyes began to tear up, got her stuff quickly left the room. The teacher, again, gave two fucks, so we all followed her to the bathroom with our bags. As soon as we got in, we heard her crying in one of the bathroom stalls.

"Chelsea, please come out." Stephanie pleaded.

"Go away." Stephanie frowned and looked at me for help.

"Chelsea, I know you're mad at me and I understand. Maybe that wasn't the answer you wanted nor expected."

The door unlocked and she came out, she went to the sink and grabbed a few tissues and dried her eyes.

"I know that it hurts." I turned her around "but it's the truth. Those guys are mean, self centered and cruel."

"We just don't want you to get hurt." Gigi softly spoke.

Chelsea remained silent until the bell rang.

"You know what the worst part is? You guys are right." She whispered.

"I wanted to be that girl, that innocent girl that caught his attention and somehow make him fall for me. But I failed. Just like the rest of the girls in this school." I hugged her.

"Come on. Let's go and prove to him that you are not affected by what that arse did." I pulled away and we all left the bathroom to the lunch tables outside.

"God you're so British!" Chelsea exclaimed.

"Hey that's what I said!" Stephanie laughed, easing the tension.

As soon as we got there, we saw Daniel talking to Mikaela. Chelsea froze.

"We don't have to be here if you don't want to." Gigi assured her.

"No it's fine. In fact, I'm going to give him a piece of my mind." She said approaching towards him whilst we all followed.

Mikaela already left, and the rest of the guys approached to him.

"Daniel!" Chelsea called out.

Daniel adjusted his beanie and stood up.

"I just want you to know, that I'm not one your little toys. I am strong and independent and I refuse to be-"

"I'm sorry, who are you?" The guys snickered behind.

"Chelsea" she whispered.

"Well Chelsea." He began "there must have been some misunderstanding. I don't see you as a toy. In fact, I don't see you as one of my top ten." He laughed.

Chelsea's eyes turned glassy.

"Wait, did you think I would fall for you? You're not even pretty!" He laughed even harder like the rest of his friends. Well, all except Jack.

Chelsea cried and ran to Stephanie, who was waiting for her with her arms wide open. The guys laughing, turned around and began to walk away.

Oh fuck no.

"Wow" he stopped, just like the rest of his friends "you are one awesome guy!" I sarcastically remarked as I stepped out from the girls.

Daniel turned around and saw me.

"Do I know you?" He accused, folding his arms to appear more macho.

"No" I chuckled humourlessly as I stepped closer to him, folding my arms as well. "In fact, I'm just a random girl that falls for your looks and your charm. But I have a question for you."

He raised his brows.

"What made you so insecure for you to trash an innocent girl like that, for the sake of your dignity?"

Shots fired.

The guys snickered whilst Daniel smirked.

"No seriously!" I laughed, taking my last step towards him, replacing my laugh with a death stare. "I actually want to know."

"Your parents never loved you enough? Mummy never said 'I love you', or hung up your drawings on the fridge?" I tilted my head to the side "Daddy never came to your games?" A chorus of "ooh's" came from the guys. Daniel continued to smirk down at me.

"Wait wait, I think I got it." I looked at the guys and then to Daniel. "Maybe you didn't grow enough hair on your dick during puberty and you were bullied for that!" Alex howled with laughter whilst Mason, laughing, tried to calm him down, just like Jack. All the girls gasped.

Daniel chuckled.

Oh boy.

"Well whatever it is. Get over it. Because for you to insult a girl like that after a hook up isn't the best revenge in the world. In fact, it's disgusting. Pathetic."

"So, I suggest you do two things. One start acting like a human being. And two, quit walking around like you're some fucking cliche"

The guys hollered and the girls gasped by my last comment. Satisfied, I smiled at him and left, bumping my shoulder with his. The girls followed me and praised me for being brave.

I guess I'm the first one to put Daniel in his place.