31

Daniel's P.O.V

As soon as Astrid was out of sight, I grabbed Alex by the collar and pushed him into an empty classroom.

"Dude what the fuck?" He exclaimed. I ignored his shouting as I texted Mason to come where we were. Minutes later, a knock on the door was heard and Mason came in.

"You called?" Mason asked as I nodded. "What happened?"

"I was about to tell Astrid something when this jackass decided to butt in," I ran my hand across my face with exasperation.

"Haha, you said butt-OW! WHAT THE FUCK MAN!" Alex exclaimed after Mason whacked him on the head.

Thanks bro.

"Anyways," Mason rolled his eyes. "What was the important thing you wanted to tell Astrid?" I gave Mason the look, which only took him a matter of seconds before his eyes widened with realisation. He then turned to face Alex and whacked him on the head again.

"Dude!" Alex complained. "What the fuck crawled up your ass and died!?"

"Alex," Mason began. "As much as we love you man, you're a dumbass."

Again, thanks bro.

Alex looked at both of us before he gasped and pointed at my direction, "You were going to say the L word!"

"Yeah," I whispered. "I was."

"Dude, I'm sorry." I nodded my head as a sigh of forgiveness before I ran my hand through my hair.

"I mean," I began. "I just don't know-"

"When the right moment is?" Mason guessed, causing me to nod my head sheepishly. "Dude, you will know."

"How was it for you and Gigi?"

"Well," he scratched his nape. "She kinda said it first, but i was already in love with her since junior year."

Oh shoot I forgot.

That kid was head over heels for Gigi since last year. I mean, he would talk non stop about her! Wait, am I the same with Astrid?

"You are," both said at unison. Shit I said that out loud.

"Well," Alex stood up from the table and headed towards the door. "I'm late for German."

Mason and I looked at each other with confusion. "Bro, they don't teach German here," I spoke slowly.

"They don't?"

"You do Italian," Mason chuckled. "Remember?"

Alex stood by the door, until his mouth formed a perfect 'o' shape and scratched his nape, "I guess I do. Well in this case, Adiós!"

I know what you're thinking. How the hell am I friends with this dude? And the truth is, I still have no clue to this day.

I felt my phone buzz and I quickly picked it up, causing a smile to form in my face.

Her❤️: I need your help for the upcoming biology test. Pretty please?

I shook my head with amusement.

Her❤️: I'll get you pizza. Can't say no to that can ya?

"It's her, isn't it?" Mason guessed as he caught me smiling. "Dude, you're totally whipped!"

I playfully smacked him on the head as I texted her.

Me: Your house. After school

***

"My head is throbbing by the amount of knowledge that just got into my brain," Astrid complained, rubbing the sides of her head as I stared at her.

She had a high messy bun, with a few strands of her hair falling out of it, framing her face perfectly.

Cheesy I know, but I can't help it!

We spent the whole afternoon locked in her room studying for the upcoming test. Well, there were a few distractions here and there, but in all honesty, it felt different.

You would have probably guessed by now that when a girl asks me to go to her house and study...well, we 'study'. However, it rarely occurs as my niece is my number one priority. Just like Astrid.

"You done eye raping me?" Astrid interrupted my thoughts. Shit, she caught me staring.

"It's not my fault that you look good," I smirked. "Biology looks good on you!"

She playfully rolls her eyes and pushes her notebooks off her bed to lie down. She releases slight groan as she stretches and looks at the ceiling.

"What's going on in that head of yours?" I poked her rib cage, causing her to squeal.

"Nothing," she murmured.

Astrid, I love you. But you suck at lying. Big time.

"I know that you're lying," I whispered as I played with a strand of her hair as she remained silent.

"I talked to Jack today," she murmured as she avoided my gaze. "And he said something along the lines that I changed you...did I?"

Yes, Astrid. Abso-fucking-lutley.

"You did," I began. "Before, I rarely left the house. I would always stay at home and take care of my niece. She was my number one priority. I would go to parties and rarely got drunk. But when you confronted me, God, I don't know...it just happened."

She remained silent as I continued, still avoiding my gaze. "You made me realise that Belly isn't my number one priority. Someone else is."

Astrid turned her head to face me, causing my eyes to fall into her large hazel ones.

"Who?" She whispered.

"You," I whispered back as she gave me a questioning look.

"Because I'm in love with you Astrid. That's why."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello you fine Specimens!

Missed me?

Heheh.

Anyways. I just want to say thank you for all the love and support I received since I posted the Please Read chapter. Many people believe that I plagiarised a work of someone else but that hasn't been my intentions since the very beginning.

I love every single version of Skam, and to write MY own version, with different dramas has always been an ambition.

Also 78K READS???

ARE YOU CRAZY?

You guys are definitely insane.

Thank you guys so much!