9

The bell rang as I left the biology classroom. Seeing Stephanie and Gigi, I walked up to them. Thank god my locker was next to where they were standing.

"Hey guys!" I chirped as I opened my locker.

"Hey!" They both smiled.

"So are we getting ready at your house?" Stephanie asked me.

"Yup, my cousin Oliver is good with the whole fashion thing. So you guys will be his models for the night."

"Ok cool!" Gigi said.

"Well" the bell rang as Stephanie began to talk "I'm going to head to English, the teacher will kill me if I'm late again!"

She ran through the corridor as Gigi and I laughed.

I left my bag in my locker and we headed outside.

"Hey Princess." A voice sounded from behind.

I stopped, turned around and surprise surprise, Daniel Matthews was casually leaning against the lockers. He stood up and walked towards me.

"The carnival's tonight. You coming?"

"None of your business, Donald." I sweetly smiled as he chuckled.

As soon as he stopped, he smiled down at me.

"What do you want?" I spat folding my arms and raising my head.

"Why are you always acting so cold?" He asked with amusement.

"Well, maybe you should take a hint!" I slowly responded, causing him to raise his perfectly arched brow.

"I mean, not answering your calls, leaving you unread, acting so cold" I listed "those are the signs that I'm not interested in you!"

"Well" he pulled out his beanie, fixed his hair and placed it on again "I kinda see it as a challenge."

I rolled my eyes as I muttered "of course you do."

"Listen Astrid María Johnson, if you really want to get rid of me so bad, go out on a date with me. Just one. And if you didn't like it, then you will never have to see my face again. But, this whole 'playing hard to get' is getting old." He smirked.

"Wow" I rolled my eyes scoffing "great logic! Will that be all for today or-"

"Nope, I have one thing left to say" as he stepped closer to me, whilst I stood firmly.

"Ok, enlighten me." I sarcastically remarked.

But he stood there, looking down at me staring.

"Holy crap you're beautiful." he breathed as he contemplated me.

Shivers ran down my spine, my heart began to beat a thousand miles per hour and my head felt light.

Wow.

With those four words, he managed to make me swoon. Even the way he said took my breath away. I looked up to him, my eyes softening as he bit his lip smiling. A true genuine smile.

But that doesn't change the fact that he's still a player.

I shook my head and looked at Gigi, who was smirking as she looked at both of us.

"I-I um... l-let's just g-go." I stuttered as I grabbed Gigi by the arm and pulled her out of the building.

"Just let me know what it takes for me to take you out on a date!" Daniel called out.

"Piss off Donald!" I screamed hearing him chuckle.

***

It was Friday night, the girls and I were getting ready for the carnival. Each of us opted for different styles. Stephanie opted for a yellow dress that hugged her curves, Gigi decided to go for a white tank top that showed her toned arms and some short jeans, Chelsea went for a light blue dungarees that showed her petite frame. I chose to wear a short floral dress with thin straps that stopped mid thigh, it was tight at the top and slightly flowed at the bottom. All the girls went for heels, but, because I'm the tallest, I decided to wear sandals.

I mean I'm still the tallest whether they wear heals or not.

All the girls surrounded my vanity whilst doing their makeup. I just went for the classic nude lip and some clear brow gel.

"I'm so excited for the carnival!" Gigi hopped excitedly "I mean, the amount of hot guys that there will be..."

"Wow you moved on quickly!" Chelsea laughed.

"I mean, I knew we were going to end soon, but now that's the past." She reassured.

"I hope there's a lot of hot girls." Stephanie added as we all chuckled.

Ten minutes later, us four were entering the carnival. People from our school passed by and we exchanged smiles and hellos. Within five minutes, Gigi, Chelsea and Stephanie were checked for hot guys, whilst I checked the place to avoid Daniel.

"Oh that guy is cute!" Chelsea exclaimed. I mean she's not wrong, the guy had broad shoulders and short brown hair. But something about him seemed so familiar.

"Please turn around please turn around." Gigi pleaded.

He turned around and her cheeks reddened.

It was Mason.

He saw us four and waved. As we waved back, he approached to us.

"Hey." He looked at Gigi "I thought you wouldn't make it." He smiled sweetly at her.

My ship is sailing. Hard.

"Yeah I wouldn't miss it in the world." She tucked a piece of her red hair behind her ear as she looked down to avoid her flustered cheeks to be seen. He couldn't stop looking at her. It wasn't until Stephanie cleared her throat.

"Um the guys are somewhere getting pretzels, they'll be here in no time."

"Is Daniel here?" Chelsea asked concerned.

He nodded.

Shit.

"Yo Mace! Quit flirting with the red haired chick and helps us!" A voice called out. I turned around laughing, to see Alex struggling to hold the big bag of pretzels and the drinks. I rushed and helped him out.

"Wow, I guess the whole damsel in distress kinda helped me." He winked as I chuckled.

"Yeah well none of this would've happened if you didn't buy a humongous bag of pretzels. I mean seriously, do the they feed you at home or something?" I teased.

Alex stared down at me and then a wave of realisation hit him.

"HOLY SHIT YOU'RE THE GIRL THAT CALLED DANIEL A PUSSY!" He exclaimed. He then dropped the bags and gave me a bone crushing hug. "I knew you rung me a bell."

"Alex dude, my pretzels!" A girl called out. She had long silky black hair. Like seriously, that shit seriously shined.

"Guys this is the girl!" He showed me off. The girl looked at me with wide eyes and ran towards me also giving me a hug.

"I knew I wanted to be friends with you the moment Jack talked about you. I mean seriously, you have quite the balls." She laughed as I did too.

I like this girl.