38

I gently ran my fingers through his hair whilst he was asleep. Picking up a strand, I carefully played with it, making sure he wouldn't wake up. After several minutes, I rested my hand onto the mattress to change my position.

"Why did you stop?" Daniel mumbled as he reached for my hand.

I shuffled closer, causing him to place his arm around my waist to pull me even closer. His warmth enveloped me, making me ignore the fact that it was a chilly morning. I returned the hand back to his hair, continuing to play with it. I looked up and saw that this time, his big green eyes were on me.

God I am sucker for green eyes.

"How did you sleep?" He asked, as he began to trace his fingers onto my appendix scar.

"Ok I guess," I whispered. "You?"

"Better than these few weeks," he replied honestly.

We stayed a minute in silence. I had to rub my eyes a few times, just to make sure that my mind wasn't playing any dirty tricks on me. But it wasn't. He was here, with me, holding me. Waking up with Daniel always made me feel like the luckiest girl on the planet. But at this moment, it's somewhat bittersweet. Knowing what was ahead of us, this moment didn't seem as enjoyable.

"Where were you?" I asked, my hand leaving his hair.

"I took my car and just drove. I don't know exactly. I just had to leave."

His words made me frown. Did he really want to leave me?

"Never," he answered my question as he placed a strand of my hair behind my ear. "Never in a million years I would leave you. The news took a big toll on me, and I knew that at any moment, I would lash out a someone. I just didn't want that person to be you."

I lifted my head and planted a deep kiss onto his lips, which he responded to immediately. He placed his hand onto my cheek as he lifted himself, to hover over me. To my dismay, he broke the kiss, but his gaze remained focus on me.

"I'm so in love with you," he whispered in awe, causing my heart to skip a beat.

"And I'm in love with you too," I whispered back as I pushed his hair out of his face, causing me to get lost into his deep green eyes.

"It's tomorrow," he whispered.

I noticed that his eyes were turning slightly glassy, something I refused to see.

"Hey," i exhaled. "We don't know if he is going to win!"

"But we don't know if we are going to either."

"I know we are," I placed a hand onto his cheek.

"How can you be so sure?" His voice cracked.

"Because I've known it since the very beginning."

***

The day went fast.

Too fast.

Daniel called the rest of the group, and as I expected, none of them were angry. Well, all except for Lori, who punched Daniel on the shoulder before attacking him with her signature bear hug.

Sadly, Daniel couldn't see Belly after the court, so we all avoided Lori's house to stay and talk, so instead, we all headed back to my house.

The rest of the evening turned out to be okay, we all avoided the touchy subject because we knew that Daniel wasn't ready for what was coming.

After several hours of being in denial that tomorrow was going to be the big day for all of us, we all decided to head home in order to wake up early.

"I feel like I should wear a tie tomorrow," Daniel stared at the ceiling as I approached to the bed. "Should I swear a blue one or a black one?"

"Don't wear a tie," he raised his head at me with confusion. "You hate ties, remember?"

He continued to stare at me, until he lifted the sheets for me to climb in. I slowly got inside and shuffled towards his side, where he greeted me with his arms wrapped around my waist. I knew he wouldn't be able to sleep, but there was nothing I could do expect pray that tomorrow would be a good day.

For all of us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello Specimens!

It is I, you're favourite writer...

Ok ok, I really need to calm down (hehe)

This is my first update after a horrible week of exams, hey, I studied for them!

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy this awful chapter!

However...I have something to say.

Because your girl is so dumb, she forgot the password to this account. Yes, clearly proving to the world how dumb she can be.

That's why I can't respond to the comments on my profile board...

HOWEVER

I have another account, which I know the password of, therefore as soon as I finish this story I could
A) publish this story in the other account (which is madhattermar )
B) let this story be and just write other stories in my other account.

The reason why I'm telling you guys this is because I'm a senior in high school, and currently using my iPad for this story. Once I go to university, I will probably start using a computer for note taking in class. So long story short, I will use my other account (mentioned above) in my computer, and leave this one be.

I love you guys so much!!!