10

The seven of us had a laugh at the carnival. It was fun, the rides were cool and Daniel wasn't there.

Perfect.

As I spent time with Alex, Jack and Lori, I realised they were fun people to be around. Alex was always landing some corny jokes, Jack, even though he was the serious one did show a bit of his humorous side and Lori, well, that girl is bat shit crazy.

I like her.

Lori and I dared to go on the most extreme rides and we were extremely competitive during the bumpy cars, tot he point were we were forced to leave.

Now we were sitting on a dining table outside a hot dog stand eating away our food, whilst having a laugh. The guys went to pay our food and the girls as I waited for them at the table. Lori was in the middle of her hilarious story when all the girls froze. It turned around and Daniel was there.

Fan-fucking-tastic.

"Yo Daniel! I thought you wouldn't come!" Mason called out as he approached to us with the rest of the guys. Daniel gave them the typical bro hug whilst he gave a brotherly hug to Lori.

"I wouldn't miss it in the world." He smiled as he looked at me as soon as he finished his sentence.

***

It was the week after the carnival. I was going to the library to leave a few textbooks that I burrowed and get new ones for my tests. As I was getting closer to the door, my phone rang. Struggling to balance the books on one hand I managed to get my phone from my pocket, but I groaned as I saw who was calling me.

Daniel.

Is this guy going to ever leave me alone?

I declined the call and continued my way to the library. As soon as I got there, I left the books and began to search for the new ones. As I was glancing around poetry, my phone vibrated, earning me several death glares from students.

Donald: nice shirt

I looked around to see if I was being watched, but the coast was clear.

Me: piss off Donald

He immediately texted me back.

Donald: what have I done? ;)

I ignored his text and walked my way through the romantic novel shelves towards the biology section.

"I knew I would find you here."

The fright caused me to drop the books that I had picked out. I turned around and saw Daniel leaning against the shelves in the biology section.

Does he have an issue standing on his own two feet?

"What do you want Donald?" I sighed as I reached to my destination.

"Well, I saw you make your way to the library and I couldn't help but follow you." He grinned.

"Wow, stalker much?" He chuckled.

"Why are you here?" He asked as he reached towards me.

"Well, I just need a few books to learn some biology shit."

He knelt down with me and helped me gather the books.

We got up and handed me the books, "You know if you need help with biology-"

"I'll ask Stephanie." I cut him off, causing him to chuckle.

"Biology is one of my strong subjects." He explained.

"Experience, right? Hahaha" I sarcastically remarked.

He rolled his eyes "sorry for scaring you."

I eyed him "I shouldn't be the one you should say sorry to."

He furrowed his brows "to Chelsea for acting like a dick to her. But of course, your brain is too underdeveloped to understand that." I explained as I scanned the shelves.

I stopped and turned to him "you don't believe me? It's in the syllabus." I pulled out my specification "let's see, chapter three: primates" I smiled sweetly at him.

"I'll think about it." He chuckled.

"If that's possible, I mean with such small brain capacity." I spat.

He got closer to me, pulled out a textbook and gave it to me. As soon as the book landed on my hands he leaned over.

"Especially when it's full of you." He whispered, causing goosebumps to rise.

My eyes widened by his actions. He then pulled away, smirked and left me speechless in the biology section.

He left me speechless again.

Oh god.

What is he doing to me?

I looked down at the textbook he gave to me and smiled.

On the Origin of species by Charles Darwin.