6

After school, I walked my way home. Why? Because I'm still freaking out by the fact that sixteen year olds are allowed to drive. Also, I'm too lazy to get my licence. Anyways. After a ten minute walk, I got home, grabbed an apple and went to my room. I was planning on studying for my upcoming tests, so I turned my phone off and began studying.

I stopped once I heard Oliver get home, so I turned my phone on and began scrolling through Instagram and other social media's. It wasn't until I received a message from an unknown number.

Unknown: There's still some of your mother's stuff that you forgot to take with you. I thought about giving it to charity but what's the fun in that ;) so, I threw them away. Well, all except for that beautiful necklace. You know, the one with the little diamond? Maybe I can auction it, you never know how much money I can get with that item.
Xoxo Laura, your step mother.

Fury took over me, I screamed and threw my phone to the wall. Oliver came rushing down the stairs.

"What the hell was that noise?" He frantically asked. He looked around until he saw my cracked phone. His eyes widened as he read the message.

"¡PERO ESA PUTA QUE COJONES HACE!" Oliver bellowed.
("WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT BITCH DOING!")

I exhaled and walked into my wardrobe. Picked out my sports bra, leggings and trainers and walked out to get changed.

"I don't know what the fuck her problem is" I calmly responded whilst I was tying my hair "but I'm don't want to deal with it now. I'm going for a run." Oliver nodded handed me my cracked phone. Grabbing my headphones, I left the house and ran.

Pumped up kids was blasting through the headphones as I ran. My legs were burning begging for me to stop.

Stop, can't you see? There's nothing you can do!
I refuse to back down.
I know this isn't about the necklace
It's not. It's about how she treats my mother
Your mother is dead.
STOP!

I stopped, and dropped to my knees and cried. I didn't care if I was in the middle of the road and that the sky had darkened. I didn't care. I cried and cried. For my mother, for Emília and for the girl that witnessed two lifeless bodies.

It wasn't until I saw the neighbours light turn on and a shadow appear on one of the windows. I stood up, used the back of my hand to wipe the tears away and ran back home.

***

I woke up with a headache. Groaning, i went to the shower and hopped in. After ten minutes, I walked into my wardrobe and picked out a white t shirt and a denim skirt alongside with some short black boots. I went into the kitchen and placed my bag onto the counter and grabbed a bowl and added milk and cereal.

Yes, I add milk before my cereal. Give me a break people!

As I munched, Oliver walked in and kissed me on the forehead.

"How you feeling?" He cautiously asked.

"I don't know." I answered truthfully.

"Well, I would drive you but, I can't decide what to wear so..."

"It fine" I chuckled "I'll just walk."

I kissed him goodbye, grabbed my lunch and walked to school.

As soon as I walked in, I felt a lot of stares as heard people whisper.