7) This is so weird

Not edited:

I was at the Coopers for dinner and we were all watching as Meemaw put a brisket on the dining room table and we watched as she cut through it. When it was cut and handed to everyone we all dug in.

"This is so beautiful" i said as i ate the brisket.

"This is really good meemaw" Georgie agreed with his mouth full.

"Ew, dude" i mumbled.

"Really good? You're spitting the best brisket in Texas all over the damn table" Meemaw said.

"Close your mouth when you eat" Mary said.

"Or aim your face the other way" Sheldon said.

"Connie, one of these days, you got to give me the recipe" George said.

"You bet. For sure. One of these days" Meemaw said.

"Oh, come on" George said "You can't hold on to it forever"

"Mean that much to you?" Meemaw asked.

"Mary and i were staing about a month when she brought me hoe for dinner. I took one bite of this brisket, and i knew i loved your daughter" George said.

"Gee, thanks" Mary said.

"Kind of like sleeping beauty, except dad kissed meat" Georgie said.

"I tell you what. You go get a piece of paper and a pencil, I'll write it down for you" Meemaw said.

"Ok" George said getting up quickly before singing "It's happening!"

he then jogged to the kitchen and i watched confused. What's the big deal? It's just meat. Sure, it is AMAZING, but it's just meat.

"That's the fastest I've seen him run" Mary said.

"It's the only time I've seen him run" Sheldon said.

"True that" i agreed. George came back into the kitchen and gave Meemaw a piece of paper and pencil.

"There you go" George said.

"Ok" Meemaw said. She took it in her hands and began to write something down, i tried to look over her shoulder but she gave me a look and continued writing. After a few moments she nodded to herself. "Ok" she then folded it and stuck it out in her hand. "Now, this is for your eyes only. You're not to share it with anybody"

"I never- I would never" George stuttered as he took the paper and unfolded it. Reading what was inside. "You're a horrible person"

"What did it say?" i asked.

"I want to know what it said" Missy said.

"Me too" Georgie said.

"Me three" Sheldon said.

"Just eat" George said.

"Can i read it?" Mary asked and George sighed before handing it to her and she read it. She laughed for a second then gave her mother a stern look. "You are a horrible person"

"Ain't i" Meemaw agreed.

"I still wanna see what it said" i mumbled to Georgie,

"Guess we'll never know" he said.

"That, or we could check after dinner" i said and he nodded.

"All right, that's enough about the brisket" Mary said, putting the paper under the table, on the floor.

"See, we just get it after dinner" i said.

"Your smart" he said.

"You say sounding surprised" i said.