6: Got it, were being happy for her

Not edited, sorry:

-----------------------

While at Georgie's locker one morning i was talking to Milly and Lacey.

"Hey look, Veronica is hugging Sheldon" Scott said and we all turned to see the most popular girl in school -and my personal enemy- Veronica hugging Sheldon.

"Lucky kid" Riley said, and Lacey gave him a look before he quickly wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

When Veronica let go she walked off and Sheldon began to walk in our direction.

"Sheldon" Georgie said when he was close to us.

"Oh, hi Georgie" he said.

"Why was Veronica Duncan hugging you?" Georgie asked.

"I'm tutoring her in trigonometry" Sheldon said.

"And that gets you hugs?" Scott asked looking like he was holding onto every word.

"Thanks to me, she got her first C-" Sheldon said. "Just between us, she's a little slow"

"Thats not what i heard" Georgie said and i elbowed him.

"Georgie!" i said.

"What did you hear? Is she secretly clever?" Sheldon asked. "Because if she is, i completely missed it"

"It doesnt matter. You just need to introduce me to her" Georgie said.

"Why?" Sheldon asked.

"I want to be her friend" Georgie said.

"Well, you better take a number. She's friends with a lot of boys around here" Sheldon said.

"Let me worry about that. You just need to introduce us" Georgie said.

"All right" Sheldon said. "You know, she pays me two dollars for every one of our tutoring lessons"

Georgie and Sheldon began to walk and talk, leaving us here.

"I cant believe he is gonna try and get with the girl that made fun of me for seven years" i said and slammed Georgies open locker closed. "I'm going to class"

And with my friends looking at me horrified i stormed off.

A few days later at lunch we were all sitting together and discussing Halloween.

"I cant believe its only a day away!" i said happily.

"I know right! We should all go to the haunted house Georgies mom is planning" Milly said.

"Absolutely" Riley said.

"Uhhhhhhhhhhhh, fine......." Lacey said sighing a bit.

"Haunted yes. House also yes" Scott said.

"I dont know" Georgie said.

"Come on Georgie please" i said and he sighed before agreeing. "Yay!"

The next night we were all waiting outside the haunted house for Georgie to get here. But he was twenty minutes late.

"That is so weird....... he doesnt usually take this long" Milly said.

"Yea, hes extremely slow, but not this slow" i said.

"Wait, is that him?" Scott asked and we all turned to see him coming towards us with a smiling Veronica.

"You've got to be kidding me" i muttered under my breath and Milly and Lacey gave Veronica glares while Riley tried to only look at Lacey and Georgie and Scott were watching Veronica. We all went in and when inside we were in a living room that looked very old. We looked around for a few seconds before red lights and smoke came in and the n that had to play Annie in the performance came out, which i saw Milly try not to laugh at when she noticed.

"Greetings. Pleased to meet you" he said. "I go by many names: Satan, Lucifer, Mephistopheles, Beelzebub. Of course when i make a dinner reservation, i go by Eric-"

I looked at Milly who was still looking like she would laugh.

"Pull yourself together" i said.

"I cant" she said through quiet giggles.

"Its easier to spell" the 'devil' said. "before we begin tonights descent into Heck, I'd like to tell you a little about myself. I was Gods chosen angel. I was his favorite. We used to go camping together. But then, because i wanted to have a little bit of fun, i was cast from heaven. Tonight, you will bear witness to that fun. You will decide whether it is sinful. You will decide whether it is sinful or just another Saturday night. Come with me..... if you dare"

"Ok so we need to decide out of the sins which are bad and which are good" i said.

"Lets do it" Milly said and Lacey just looked really uncomfortable.

The devil then began to walk through a hall and we followed him.

In a few minutes we were in the room of lust. Which was basically just us watching two people make out on a bed. Ew.

"As they kissed, she thought about the choices that led her to this moment" the devil said and i saw out the corner of my eyes that Veronica looked like she was gonna cry. "Her youth was gone. She traded her beauty for a few tawdry dollars, and now she had nothing left but shame-"

And that is when she broke and started running down the hall crying. My friend group all followed and saw her kneeling in front of Mary in tears.

"I dont wanna live like this anymore" she cried.

"Just repeat after me" Mary said and she did. I felt so touched by this moment that i kind of felt like i should give her a chance.

"I dont know if i should be happy for her or laugh that shes crying" Milly said and i looked at her. "Got it, were being happy for her"

words: 911

Pages: 2.6