14: Phone calls

Not edited:

"See ya" I said as I walked from the stairs to the front door. My parents and a few of my siblings were in the loungeroom for once and we didn't have school today so I was going to spend some time with Georgie.

"Wait a second, where are you going?" my mom said as I grabbed the keys off the hook on the wall next to the door.

"Out" I said.

"Out where?" My dad asked.

"Out with Georgie" I said, finally meeting their eyes to see judgment. "What?"

"Nothing, it's just, you've been spending a lot of time together" my mom said.

"Yea, like we have been since I was like nine" I said.

"But back then you had your friends with you. Now its just you and Georgie" my mom said.

"Well, he is my best friend and boyfriend so that makes sense" I said.

"May, we just want to know what's going on in your life, you don't need to give us attitude" my dad said.

"I can't let you in my life because you never stay in it. You don't care about me and if you did I wouldn't be raising my siblings while you are here watching tv in the lounge room. I just put December to sleep so now I have a break while March and April look after the others" I said and gave them both fake smiles before adding "great parenting"

Then I quickly left and closed the door behind me. I then quickly walked towards where Georgie would pick me up and when I arrived at the end of the street I saw him in his dads car. I quickly walked over and got in the passenger seat while he had the music blasting in the background.

"Hey" I said as I closed the door.

"Hey" he replied, starting the car.

"So, where do you want to go first? The mall, out for drinks, annoy Scott, I don't mind"

"I don't know, you're choice"

"But I don't know either!"

"You just listed a bunch of places, clearly you know what you want to do"

"Ok, lets go to the mall! Then we can do the others after"

"Sounds good to me" he said "I took Missy there yesterday actually. She told me about a boy and I helped her talk to him"

"That's nice, I think it's good that you have a good relationship with your siblings"

"Eh"

"Well, one out of two is a good achievement. Plus, I wouldn't say you have a bad relationship with Sheldon"

"It's not bad, its just we don't talk, like at all"

"That's not true. The other week he helped you make platinum!"

"Yea, but look how that turned out"

"It wasn't your fault entirely, I'm sure that oven was just having a bad day"

"Maybe"

"If it makes you feel any better, I'm not in an amazing relationship with my family either"

"That does help actually"

"Glad I could help"

The next day I was sitting in my room and was on the phone to Georgie. Since it was the house phone I had to move it into my room and that was a painful thing to do in itself. But it actually worked and I am very thankful for that.

"How much of the English homework have you done? Because part two of the English assignment is due on Friday and I have only finished half of part one which was due last week" I said.