ELEVEN

DANIEL HARPER

DANIEL HARPER

Lucien's car was waiting for me in the parking lot. I knocked on the window and he turned to give me a small smile.

"Hop in, Danny." He said. I ran to the passenger side and hopped in his car.

"Where are we going?" I asked him. Lucien put the car into drive and made his way out of the college campus and onto Broadway street.

"You said you wanted me to take you somewhere special to me. Well, my parents own a home in the Hamptons. Figured I'd take you there." Lucien said.

"See, that wasn't so hard. I'm sure there's other special places you remember." I told him.

"Nah. My life kinda sucks. But I do hope to make some new special places." Lucien said.

Lucien kept driving while I looked around and saw the city. I've never actually seen the entirety of New York City. Probably because I heard from somewhere that you're more likely to get bitten by a New Yorker than a shark.

The radio was low and was playing classical music. It sounded like either Vivaldi or Tchaikovsky.

"You like classical music?" I asked Lucien.

"Definitely. Classical music can both convey perfection, heartbreak, anger, stress, psychosis, and sadness. Its range is large and anyone can relate to any song." He explained.

I decided to ask. "Do you have sex with classical music on?" I asked. He let out a deep chuckle.

"I haven't tried it. That does sound a bit fun though." He said.

After a long drive to the Hamptons, Lucien began driving through a large set of gates. The surrounding property was huge, bigger than my university's campus. The entrance to the home came. It's as big as you would expect. A large mansion with high glass windows. It almost reminds me of Jay Gastby's home.

"Woah..." I awed at the home.

"It's a nice place. Let's head in. We have lunch waiting." Lucien said. He stopped his car in front of the large front door. He quickly hopped out, came to my side, and opened my door.

Lucien escorted me up the large steps and towards the front door. He handed someone who looked like his servant the car keys. "Take care of her." Lucien said.

The interior of the home felt like... a home. Usually, large homes like this feel like empty shells, bought by rich people who never live in them. But this place feels like a place where you could raise a family. A place where you can host a dinner party.