TWENTY-FOUR

DANIEL HARPER

DANIEL HARPER

Lucien and I both were eating our food in the exclusive restaurant. This whole place feels like it's made out of money. Even the air smells rich.

"You should really give Cyrus a break." I told Lucien. He stopped cutting his steak and just turned up with a confused look.

"Who the fuck is Cyrus?" He asked.

"The driver. The one who drove me here. He's cousins with Chet." I replied. He was still stumped.

"Cyrus is the guy who drove me here. Chet is the guy who drove you." I explained. He nodded in understanding. "How do you not know the name of your own driver?" I asked.

"It never occurred to me to ask." He replied. I wanted to punch him right now. Jokingly, of course. He could easily dominate me.

"Well, you should learn their names at least." I said. The drivers are actually cool people. Nice people to talk to.

"Maybe I should give them a break." Lucien said with a weird tone. I looked up and saw him eating a piece of steak.

"What d'you mean?" I asked.

He had a cheeky smile. "What are you doing next week?" He asked.

"My teachers canceled their classes next week cause they're tired. And I don't have school on the 24th through 27th. So I basically have the whole week off." I said.

"How would you feel about going on a trip?" He asked me.

"A trip? To where?"

"Mmmm... how about Italy?" Lucien replied. I stared at him in shock. Did he say Italy?

"Italy?" I asked in disbelief.

"Our family is going to Italy for my dad's birthday. It would be really splendid if you came with me." Lucien said.

I've never been overseas before. I've gone to Mexico for my uncle Pedro's family. But not another freaking continent!

"What about my aunt and uncle?" I asked. "I can't leave them." I said.

"I'm sure they'll understand. You're a grown adult. They'll let you go out of the country." Lucien said. My knees shivered at the idea of going out of the country.

If I go out of the country, I'll need to rely on Lucien for everything. Because he'll know more, I'll have to entrust my safety onto him. He'll be in charge of me. Also, I'll be meeting his extended family.

Part of me wonders if Lucien gets off knowing that I rely on him for protection.

"I'll call my aunt. I'll talk to her." I said. Lucien smiled and his legs began to rub on my leg.

"Excellent..." Lucien said in a terrifying manner.

I gulped hard.

Cut forward and now I'm in a private jet sitting next to Lucien. Luckily, my aunt understood and let me go out of the country. I was tempted to tell her about Lucien and him providing for me. But she'll worry too much about it and become obsessed. I'll tell her about Lucien some other time.