TWENTY-NINE

DANIEL HARPER

DANIEL HARPER

The week in Italy was one of the best experiences I could've ever had. I got to meet so many people, try such fantastic cuisine, and explored a new country. And I did it all with Lucien VIttori, my loving boyfriend.

"Promise you'll visit again, Danny! Promise me!" Aria kept insisting over and over again.

"Yes, Aria! I'll be back again!" I replied.

"Great!" She gave me a tight hug. "I'll see you next summer!" She said.

"Summer?" I asked.

"Oh, nevermind..." She chuckled awkwardly. "Take care of Lucien. Lord knows he needs someone like you in his life." She said.

"I'll look out for him." I said.

"Let's go, Danny! The plane's ready!" Lucien called out for me.

"Ciao, Aria!"

"Ciao, Danny!" We gave a final hug before I ran towards the Vespa and hopped on behind Lucien. I quickly hugged him from behind as he began to drive out of the country and back into Rome.

When we were inside the plane, I turned to Lucien and asked him a question.

"Why did Aria say she'll see me next summer? Is it another trip planned?" I asked. He pulled me in and kissed me.

"Yeah... something of that sort." He said with a sly remark.

"There's something you're not telling me! You've been acting weird ever since we got here. What's going on, Mr Vittori?" I asked as my hand began to go up his thigh. He got incredibly flustered.

"Nothing, Danny Boy! I just missed my family, that's all!" He said. I turned to his parents and they both were looking away.

Yep, I'm not going crazy.

As the plane finally landed in New York, I just wanted to pass out and go to sleep. But Lucien kept me awake.

"I think I have jetlag." I yawned out.

"Me too." Lucien also yawned. "Do you want me to drop you off at your dorm?" He asked.

"I have one more free day." Let's go to your home." I replied.

"Sure. Oh, I'll need to ask you something tomorrow. It's... something huge. I hope you won't mind." He said.

"Okay." I replied. I yawned and made sure to stay up until we reached Lucien's apartment. He was happy enough to lift me all the way to his room and help me get settled in.

"Wanna watch a movie or something?" He asked as we both undressed down to our briefs.

"Ooh! Can we watch Purple Noon?! Please!" I begged.

"I don't know what that is, but I can't say no to those eyes." He shook his head and chuckled. We sat back as he put the movie on.

The movie began playing. I sat next to Lucien. His head was on my chest. He would occasionally poke my stomach to get a reaction out of me.