THIRTY-SIX

LUCIEN VITTORI

LUCIEN VITTORI

As I reached the basement, I checked the wall where I had shot the guy. The body was gone, and most of the blood was cleaned off. There was a smell of disinfectant in the air, letting me know that the chamber had been wiped down.

"Fuck!" I grunted. I brought my right hand up and rubbed it.

"Lucien..." Dad said. I turned and saw him standing there with a sad expression.

"What?" I replied.

"Why?" He asked.

"Why what? Stop being cryptic!" I snapped.

"We heard what you did to Danny..." Dad said.

"All I did was punish him for slapping me. He needs to learn his lesson." I replied.

"Remember what we talked about when you first decided to date Danny? He's not used to our lifestyle. He grew up living a normal life. We all know that you didn't have a normal life." Dad said.

"Are you saying he's allowed to hit me?" I asked.

"That's not what I'm saying. But I know how you are. We could hear you getting angry at him and refusing to let him go. And you spanked him like he was a child."

"It wasn't even that hard!" I said.

"Oh really?" Dad asked. He walked over to me and grabbed my hand. "Look! You still have your rings on! Do you know how much that hurts?!" Dad was getting angry.

"It's my business what I do with Danny!" I yelled back.

Dad just gave me a disappointed look. "I raised you better than this, Lucien. Yes, you do horrible things. But only to people who deserve it. And Danny didn't deserve that." Dad said. He huffed and walked away, back up the stairs.

I stood in the basement, looking down at my hand. I saw my rings had blood in it. It was Danny's blood. I turned and looked at the place we had been standing at, where I had shot the guy in the head.

I could still hear Danny pleading with me not to shoot the guy. His teary eyes looked at me as he begged for me to spare that guy. However, I didn't listen.

And the sobs from Danny as I spanked him over and over again. When we would start over and he would break down. I could still feel his small hands gripping my legs every time my hand struck down on his bottom. The red my hands left painted a horrid picture on his skin.

Danny has always been the caring type. He once couldn't look away from a mother bird as she fed her babies food. Danny once spent 15 minutes looking for an ATM to give money to a homeless guy. He even knows the names of my workers, whom I've never taken the chance to talk to.

It was at that moment that I realized what I had done. I broke down and cried into my hands at the realization that I had hurt the man that I loved. I vowed to protect him and instead hurt him physically and emotionally.