FORTY-THREE

DANIEL HARPER

DANIEL HARPER

I looked up and turned to my left then right. I observed the two men. I remember once that Angie told me that she once was about to be jumped by a guy. She managed to kick him in the knees and he fell on the floor. I turned back to Lucien. My fingers were on my knees and I turned my pupils to both the men beside me.

Thankfully, because of how long we've dated and the communication we have, we can almost speak without talking using signals.

I took in my surroundings. There's more Vittori men than Lombardis. The Vittoris can easily take them down. But then there's me. I have two guns on my head. I turned back to Lucien. He held his gun to one of the men above me.

The best plan I can come up with is attacking the guy to my right and Lucien can shoot the guy on the left. I looked to Lucien and moved my head to the guy on the right of me. I then made a small gun with my fingers and signaled it to my left. Lucien saw this and he turned his gun to the guy I instructed him to.

"Stand down, Giorgio." Sylvester said. "Just admit your defeat."

"Never!" Giorgio yelled. "Shoot him!" He said to the men.

It all happened quickly but for some reason, my mind registered everything slowly. I felt like Quicksilver in those X-Men movies where he does everything in slow motion but in reality it's because he's incredibly fast.

Despite the sores on my body and low energy, adrenaline kicked in. I ducked as I heard two gunshots ring out near both my ears. I lowered my head and stretched out my right leg to kick the guy on my right. I looked to my left and saw that Lucien had managed to shoot him in the head.

The guy on my right was sprawling on the floor. Then, there was a bullet hole through his eyes.

Something that I now was able to hear after the ringing subsided was the sound of other gunshots around me. I looked and saw that the warehouse had now turned into a battlefield. Men were hiding behind boxes and walls and shooting.

I was disoriented and felt two hands grabbing me and picking me up. I was thrown over someone's shoulder and they ran. I felt the person's chest and immediately knew it was Lucien who was carrying me.

"Don't worry, Danny! I'm keeping you safe!" Lucien said. He ran behind a metal wall and threw me on the floor carefully. I finally got a closer look at my Lucien. He had dark circles under his eyes. It looked like he had been crying for the past few days.

"Lucien!" I excitedly said. Lucien looked down at me with tears in his eyes. He leaned forward and planted a deep kiss on my lips.

"My Danny!" He cried. "I'm not leaving you ever again!" He said. We kissed each other and split apart, remembering where we were. Lucien grabbed his gun and turned the corner, fired a few shots, then turned back.

"What's the plan?" I asked Lucien.

"I don't know. But our main objective is to eliminate the others!" Lucien pulled out his phone and tapped on it a bit. "Dad! Where are you?!" Lucien asked into the phone.