TWENTY-SIX

DANIEL HARPER

DANIEL HARPER

"How's the water?" Aria asked me. I was in the deep end trying not to drown.

"It's nice." I replied. I chose to be in the deep end because the kids are in the shallow part. And I don't really do well with kids.

"You're so beautiful. I love your eyes." Aria said.

"Really? I always kinda hated them." I said.

"Why? Green is such a nice color." She said. I leaned back against the edge of the pool.

"Lucien always says he likes my eyes." I said.

"You should hear him when he's calling us. He would not stop talking about how much of an amazing person you are." Aria said.

"He talks about me?" I asked.

"A lot. He even-" She stopped talking and turned her head away. "Doesn't matter. The point is, Lucien was never the type to date. He was always with some new hookup. Imagine our surprise when he finally finds a boyfriend."

"How was Lucien like growing up?" I asked.

"He was... an interesting person. Because of his dad, Lucien was sometimes busy. It all changed when his uncle, Sylvester's brother, and his wife were killed. He became closed off then." Aria explained.

"Killed? I didn't know that." I muttered.

"It was tragic. Sylvester was depressed for months. Rumors were that he hunted down their killers and did unspeakable things to them." She shivered when she said that.

"I didn't know Sylvester had a brother."

"He doesn't talk about them much." Aria said. She reached behind her and grabbed a glass of lemonade and took a sip. "Want to come tomorrow to pick olives?" She asked.

"Yeah! That sounds fun!" I said.

"We have an olive orchard here. It'll be fun!"

Just then, we heard loud noises coming from the house. Both Aria and I turned and saw that all the men had arrived home. Lucien had walked out into the back yard and looked around. His eyes landed on me and a smile came on his face.

"He's coming." Aria whispered to me.

Lucien stood at the edge of the pool and was watching me.

"Mind if I join?" He asked.

"Sure..." I said softly. Lucien treated me to a strip tease as he took off all his clothes until he reached his boxers. He then climbed into the water and swam towards me.

"Hey, beautiful." He said as he stood next to me.

"Lucien..." I muttered. I felt his hand go down and touch my thigh.

"Oh, gross! Not in here! There's children!" Aria whined.

"She's right, Lucien. Not here." I took his hand off. He pouted and turned away from me angrily. "Are you okay?" I asked Lucien.