FORTY-NINE

LUCIEN VITTORI-HARPER

My sweet Danny, my one and only true love. He sits next to me, wearing an adorable white suit with a red rose on his coat pocket. His eyes are scanning the dance floor, as he watches everyone dance together in a fun frenzy.

Earlier today, Danny officially became my husband. He’s actually mine. He’s going to be with me forever. I have officially reached the peak in claiming, because it’s now on all the official documents. 

The ceremony was magical. My mom and Danny chose a beautiful venue located on the top of a small cliff side, overlooking the Ligurian sea. The whole place was something that definitely was thought of by Danny. With hydrangeas everywhere, pinks ribbons used everywhere, and a resemblance of classiness mixed with Italian culture. 

The day of the ceremony was long anticipated. I have waited for this for so long. I never knew I wanted to get married until Danny came along. Since I met him, I knew I wanted a ring around his precious fingers. 

The date for the wedding was June 30. Invitations were sent out and the guest list was packed. Sadly, Danny only had a few people he invited because he doesn’t have many friends or family. Most of the guest list comprises my family. 

I chose my dad to be my best man. It makes the best sense. He was the one who brought the two of us together and organized this relationship. If it wasn’t for him and Danny’s crumbling debt, I wouldn’t be here today. Danny chose his best friend, Angie, as his best-woman? I don’t know the exact term, but it doesn’t matter.

Danny also had both his aunt and uncle walk him down the aisle. Cassie Harper held a framed photo of Danny’s parents, to make it seem like they were also walking down the aisle. I know I cried a bit when I saw Danny coming down the aisle. It was a dream moment. 

I insisted Danny wear a veil. Guys don’t wear veils, but in this case, I wanted Danny to wear one. And when I lifted the veil and his green eyes stared back at me, I almost collapsed with happiness. Never have I seen a more handsome guy in my life. 

And when the priests officiated us as husband and husband, I leaned Danny back and placed the biggest kiss I could muster. 

At the reception, which was hosted near the cliff, we sat and ate and drank the night away. Both Danny and I watched our guests dance around and laugh with each other. 

“Who’s that?” I asked, signaling to a guy on the dance floor. The guy had pale skin and somewhat wiry hair. 

“Hmm? Oh, that’s Sean.” Danny replied. I watched as Sean danced with a girl and he spun her.

“Sean? I’ve never met him.” I said.

“He’s a friend. He was the one that gave me the Vittori card to get a job. I’ve reconnected with him since then. He told me that he’s giving us free tickets to his show that he’s on on Broadway.” Danny said. I rolled my eyes and brought him close to me.