SEVENTEEN

DANIEL HARPER

DANIEL HARPER

The black envelope sat on my bed with a red wax seal on it. I picked up the envelope and looked at it. How did they even get this into my bed? They'd have to have trespassed into the building, find my room, and break in. This whole family is insane.

The red wax seal had some sort of old family seal on it. It had all sorts of symbols and engravings. But one that stood out to me was the cursive V on the bottom.

I sat on my bed and started feeling sick for some reason. I broke the seal and pulled out a folded letter and read it.

Dear Daniel Harper,

You are invited to the annual Vittori Gala hosted at the Botanical Gardens. The two day event will feature a host of events such as auctions and a special 13-course dinner. The event is a white tie and you'll need to match the dress code. No dress code, no entry.

Your invite has no plus one, please refrain from inviting another party. Please bring a change of clothes for an overnight stay at an exclusive resort nearby.

We'll hope to see you there.

-Vittori Famiglia

Fuck me.

Which now leads me to where I am. I'm currently in the back of a limo with Lucien next to me as he types on his phone.

"Can this car go any faster?!" Lucien yelled at the driver.

"Calm down, Lucien! It's not his fault you wanted to makeout with me before we had to leave." I said.

"How could I resist? You were looking at me so cutely with your adorable suit on. I can't keep my hands to myself." Lucien leaned in and started breathing on my neck.

"Lucien! Not now!" I gasped and pushed Lucien away.

"Remember what I told you, right?" He asked.

"Yes, Lucien. If someone tells me that you're looking for me, they're trying to kill me." I said.

"And what else?" He raised his eyebrow.

"Uh, right! Don't sign anything or offend anyone!" I replied. He nodded in approval and petted my hair.

Once we reached the Botanical Gardens, we were escorted by security to a banquet hall that was made for these types of events.

I pulled on Lucien's sleeves before we entered.

"Hmm? Everything alright?" He asked me.