THIRTY

LUCIEN VITTORI

LUCIEN VITTORI

“No.” I said.

“Lucien…” Danny Boy warned.

“I said… NO!” I planted my face in his neck and made my grip on his torso harder.

“Lucien. You agreed to this. This was one of the conditions for us moving in. Now, let, me, go!” Danny said. 

“One more kiss.” I said. Danny turned around and kissed me on the lips.

“There. Happy?” He said with sas.

“Careful, Danny. Watch your tone…” I leaned into his ear. “Or I’ll have to punish you.” I said in a deep voice. Danny shivered in my arms.

“I have Physics in 10 minutes, Lucien!” He wiggled in my arms. I loosened my grip on him until he was able to free himself from me.

“I’ll see you later? Or are you going to meet your friend?” I asked him. Danny picked up his tote bag and put it on. 

“I’m meeting Angie. And then we’re heading off to some improv show. I’ll text you when I’m ready to come home.” He led out that final word.

Home. That’s what it is for us now.

“I’ll come by and get you.” I replied. He hopped out of the car and gave me a last glance before he exited the car.

I watched as Danny walked and noticed some guy watching him. He didn’t say or do anything, but he gave me sinister vibes. Something was off about him. Most likely, Danny didn’t notice this suspicious guy because he’s on his phone. 

I might need to keep an eye on him. For now, I need to get to Little Italy and meet my dad for a quick meeting. I entered the underground parking lot and exited, making my way into the back entrance of the restaurant. 

“Papa?” I asked loudly. I turned around the private room and saw my dad sitting with a few other guys. He signaled for me over.

“Lucy! Welcome! Sit with us!” Dad said, scooting over in the booth. I saw next to him.

“You got Danny’s email about his new proposal, right?” I asked dad.

“Received. I’ll read it later. But for now, we have some news you might be interested in.” Dad said. 

“You have my attention.” I replied. Dad slid over a folder towards me. I looked at it, then at him, and opened it. First thing that I saw was a picture of a frightening looking man. “Who is this?” I asked.

“Giorgio Lombardi. Leader of the Lombardis.” Dad explained. I looked at the picture of Giorgio. He had tanned skin, white hair, dark brown eyes, and a white beard. But the most outstanding part of him was a large scar on his left side that extended from his forehead, over his eyes, and to his cheekbone.