TWENTY-FIVE

DANIEL HARPER

DANIEL HARPER

“Lucien!” I yelled as I saw him pinning Matteo down. Matteo was obviously struggling and thrashing around. 

“You fucking bitch!” Lucien grunted at the guy. 

“Fuck you, stronzo!” Matteo spat out. Lucien slammed the guy into the ground hard.

“Keep testing me!” Lucien grabbed Matteo’s arm and began twisting it back. The guy yelled in pain. I wanted to stop him but he’s in his anger zone. No one can stop him.

“Alright! Alright! I give!” Matteo yelled. Lucien stopped twisting his arm and got off him. He held his hand out and Matteo grabbed it.

The two embraced in a hug and were smiling. “Nice to see you, Matteo!” Lucien patted his back.

“You should visit us more!” Matteo said. I stared in disbelief. One minute they were fighting, the next they’re greeting like old friends.

“Guessing Matteo is buying us all drinks!” A female voice said. I turned around and saw several people who had probably been watching their play-fight.

“Fine! But no expensive ones!” Matteo replied. Matteo and Lucien were chatting like normal, meanwhile I stood on the side, unsure of what to do. 

“And who is this?” The female voice from earlier asked. I turned and saw a woman in tight khaki pants and red blouse walking towards me. She was a bit older than Lucien, but still had their families signature dark hair and tanned skin.

“Aria, famigilia Vittori, meet Danny.” Lucien went to stand behind me and nudged me forward. 

“Daniel Harper.” I added. I looked at the woman, Aria. Fuck! She has the same sinister dark eyes as Lucien and Sylvester. 

“OH!” She gasped. She lunged forward and engulfed me in a hug. “This is the Danny we’ve all heard of!” She was shorter than me so her head was on my neck. “Everyone! Come!” She singled to the people still in the house. 

Her loud voice attracted everyone in the near vicinity. Suddenly, a large group of people were surrounding me. They were all talking simultaneously while touching me.

“He’s so skinny!”

“He’s pale! You need sun!”

“E perfetto per Lucien!” 

I looked for Lucien and saw him talking to Matteo while pointing at me. 

“Enough!” A loud voice yelled. Everyone stopped and made way for an older woman as we walked towards me. Like everyone else, she had tanned skin but her hair was white. The wrinkles on her face defined her long life. 

Her deep dark eyes were set on me. She walked, moreso limped, her way over to me. She reached her hand out and placed it on my cheek. I stared at her while she observed my face.