FORTY-TWO

LUCIEN VITTORI

LUCIEN VITTORI

Across from me sat Edward. I knew he was sketchy. I knew that there was something nefarious about him. I should have ordered my men to kill him rather than just jump him. The smirk on his face just makes me want to rip off his lips.

I turned to my dad, who sat next to me, as he put on an expressionless face. But on the inside, I know that he's on edge.

"First things first, we want some of your territories handed over to us." Giorgio said.

I saw dad clench his fists. "Which territories?" Dad asked.

"Let's see... Manhattan, Upper East Side, Washington Heights, Brooklyn, Harlem, the Bronx, and Staten Island." Giorgio said, sounding like he was reciting a list.

"All that?" Dad asked.

"Of course. I'll let you keep some pockets. They'll mainly be street corners or slums, but at least you get something." Giorgio said.

"Fine." Dad said. I was shocked that he would accept without questions. But on the way here, dad told me to trust him and that he has something he calls retribution in the form of a folder that he has in his hands.

"Next, you and the rest of your group will disband. The Vittori line will end with you. If you want to continue your business, you will do so under covers. You'll be an appendage, with most of your income being redirected towards us." Giorgio added. I could feel my dad's anger emanating off him.

"Fine! Whatever! Just give us back Danny!" Dad said.

"Before we do, Lucien," Edward turned to me. "You should do a better job protecting your bitch." He said. I lunged forward and tried to attack him but dad grabbed the back of my shirt and held me back.

"It's not worth it, Lucien." Dad told me. I seething with rage. But I know that if I hurt any one of them, Danny will get hurt.

"Just bring me my Danny." I muttered as I sat back down.

Giorgio whistled and from a wall faraway, turning the corner, were two men who walked. They both were dragging someone under their arms. They stepped closer until they reached the visible light.

Coming from the light was my Danny. My sweet Danny. Immediately, he looked up and made eye contact with me. My eyes began to tear up upon seeing his green eyes staring right back at me. How I've long to see those wonderful eyes.

"Lucien?" Danny muttered.

"Danny!" I said. I stood up and tried to go to him but the two men who dragged him over here pulled out their guns and pointed it at me.

"Lucien!" Danny cried out for me. I stared at Danny as he kneeled on the floor with nothing but his briefs on. I took a look at his body and saw a few bruises. Some of them I recognized as body sores, most likely he was forced to lay down for a long time.