9 | O F F I C I A L

"Listen I'm not saying don't date the guy, I'm just saying take it slow," Bonnie explains to Elena as they and Aria get out of the car

"You are the one who said to go for it," Elena states.

"Now I'm saying take it slow." Bonnie shrugs.

"Why the about-face?"

"It's not an about-face." Bonnie sighs "You're single for the first time in high school. Perfect time to play the field."

"Oh, because I'm so that girl" Elena replies.

"More like the pathetic whiny girl would be a better fitting," Aria says regretting not waiting for Jeremy this morning. Bonnie looks down at Aria's comment as Elena glares at her sister.

"Seriously want are you not saying?" Elena continues her conversation.

"It's stupid" Bonnie shakes her head.

Elena grabs Bonne's hand stopping their walk "What?"

"Spit it out."

"I accidentally touched Stefan...and I got a really bad feeling," Bonnie explains causing Aria to look up at her.

"Bad Feeling?" Aria questions curiously, she hadn't seen the two vampires since that night with Vicky on the roof. She now knew that she wasn't crazy about her feelings and the fact that both Damon and Stefan also had the urge to protect her eased her panic.

But there was one problem, Elena and Stefan were most likely going to date. Aria wasn't jealous far from it, but she was wondering what would happen when Elena was her bratty self around him.

People hardly saw how rude Elena could be sometimes, she was always so careful with what she said and how she did things. Like spilling drinks onto her, tripping her over, and little comments about how she was faking the nightmares she had after their parent's death.

Jeremy was furious when he saw the massive black and purple bruise on her back from falling down the stairs one day. It took him the full night for Aria to explain was she didn't fall, and that Elena had tripped leaving her at the bottom laughing before walking into her room.

In some way it was a test, to see the truth about the world and about people. If Stefan's protectiveness was as strong as he said it was for him. Then maybe she could believe that there were still loyal people in the world.

Aria knew that she thought differently from everyone else, before the accident she wouldn't swear, or say anything cruel or disrespectful to anyone. She had always given people the benefit of the doubt until of course the night of the accident.

That's when she realized the truth of the world. That no matter how hard you try to be kind and friendly. It won't change what others think and how they act toward others. She saw first-hand that even family will change their attitude and behavior.

Aria pushed her thoughts away and focused back on Elena's and Bonnie's conversation which peaked up interest.

"Is this the which-mojo thing again?" Elena says.

"Know what I'm just concerned," Bonnie explains.

"This is me expressing concern about my best friend's new boyfriend," Bonnie adds.

Aria's eyes widen "It's official?" but she was ignored.

Elena puts her hands on Bonnie's shoulder for reassurance "And I love you for it. I do. But I feel good."

"It's been a hard year and I'm starting to kind of feel like things are getting back to normal again," Elena adds.

Aria scoffs "Things will never be normal again. You made sure of that."

Elena rolls her eyes at her sister and looks back at bonnie "And you know what? Stefan is a big part of that."

As the three girls walked to the front of the school Stefan spotted them and walked toward them. "Hello, Elena, Little Gilbert"

Aria come to sense his emotions already and was going to puke at the intensity of his feelings for Elena. She could feel the protectiveness there to just not as much. 

"Morning, Bonnie" Stefan says wanting to be friendly with the Gilbert's friends as well.

"Hey, I got to find Caroline. She's not answering her phone, so see you guys." Bonnie explains as she walks away.

"Don't leave me" Aria pouts.

"Bonnie wait."

"I see Tyler and Matt I'm going to go" Aria points to where the boys were. As she walks past Stefan she whispers "Bonnie feels bad vibes from you. Just like I did" Stefan tenses as he processes her words. Bonnie might find out the truth quicker than he thought.

When Aria got to Tyler and Matt she runs and jumps onto Matt's back. "Jhezz Ria don't scare me like that."

"Sorry Matty" Aria mumbles getting down for his back and wraps her arms around his waist as he throws his arm around her shoulder.

"What's wrong Ria?" Tyler questions playing with his football.

"It's just been an evenful few days" Aria replies.

"She's still giving you trouble?" Matt questions with a hint of anger in his voice. They all knew who he was on about he didn't need to say a name. The two boys hated seeing Aria who they've claimed as a little sister so upset.

Mainly it was because of Elena, and she had done or said something again. Sure, at one point they were all friends, and everything was fine but once they saw how Elena was with Aria. The friendship group is divided.

Tyler and Jeremy would always have their issues but when it came down to Aria, they made sure to forget about their personal problems and focus on her.

The two guys turned round to see Elena and Stefan talking. "They made it official" Aria explains.

"Is that what's upsetting you?" Tyler asks in his rare soft voice just for her.

Aria shakes her head "Not upset. More concerned"

"For him?" Matt asks tightening his hold.

"Yeah. He just seems like he's hypnotized by her" Aria confesses "It's his life. I won't get into their business"

"I just hope he knows what he's getting himself into with her" She adds.

"If he does. He's stupid and If he doesn't he'll just have to learn" Tyler states then his eyes light up when an idea pops into his head.

"Watch this." Tyler says throwing his arm back with the football in his hand.

Aria winces as she remembers that Stefan could hear in the conversation looks towards him, seeing him already looking at her with confusion.

Looking back at Tyler she shakes her head "Don't, Ty"

Tyler had already thrown the ball towards Stefan who was back in conversation with Elena. As soon as the ball was close to Stefan he turns around and catches it with one hand.

"Show off" Aria mutters.

—————————-