35 | C O I N C I D E N C E

"Kol Mikaelson"

"Kol Mikaelson"

Aria sighs "Just because you kept saying your name doesn't mean that I will somehow know who you are." The stranger guy didn't like the fact that the young witch hadn't heard of his name before and began to huff.

"Are you seriously pouting?"

Kol throws his hands up in the air dramatically "Of course I'm pouting, your heart didn't even jump when I said my last name which means you truly have no clue who I am." He was used to people running in fear when they heard the Mikaelson name, but this girl was so unbothered it made him intrigued.

"Brilliant I'm stuck with a vampire," Aria mutters, she had a feeling that she had used to much magic again while protecting Damon from the fire. Which also meant that she was stuck in full darkness with a strange childish vampire.

Kol's eyes lit up at her words "So you do know who I am. Were your pranking me darling? That wasn't very nice."

He playfully glares at the girl, since he had gotten staked by his ever-so-kind brother he had been alone in the darkness but now he had a friend and couldn't contain his excitement.

"You literally said you were listening to my heartbeat. Wasn't that hard to determine what supernatural creature you are."

Aria rolls her eyes, when this happened the last time when she saw the couple in the woods they couldn't hear or see her but this time it was the opposite which didn't make much sense.

Kol stands in front of the young girl and observes her, he was curious about who she was and how she had gotten here without being staked too. Without thinking much of it, the vampire sniffs the girl and tilts his head to the side.

"Ew, did you just smell me." Aria scrunches her face in disgust. "If you weren't already dead, I would have killed you for that."

Kol purses his lips "You smell of nothing. How odd." His British accent came through thickly.

"Sweetheart if you haven't noticed, technically I've already been killed. Why do you think I'm here." He adds with a smirk.

Aria's eyes flicker in realization "That's why your skin's grey right and the veins?" she questions.

Kol sighs "I guess it's a good thing you do not know my name." he understood his brother was grieving but so was everyone.

The death of his brother's mate had affected a lot of people. She was more of a mother to him and his sister than their own mother was. But the death of their new born daughter caused the family to never be the same.

"And why not?"

"My family is complicated with a lot of problems that could never be solved." The vampire was surprised to see understanding in the young girl's eyes.

"Families suck." Aria states "my parents left me in the hands of humans who saw me as a burden, I try to remember that they did it for my protection..."