52 | E M P T Y

In the town that once was filled with chaos and murders was now still

In the town that once was filled with chaos and murders was now still. No suspicious animal attacks, no spontaneous fires, and no more sudden funerals. It was almost as if time had stop in Mystic Falls since the disappearance of Aria. Jeremy and Damon were drowning themselves in bourbon from the guilty they both felt.

If they had stuck by her at the dance, then maybe Klaus wouldn't have been able to take her. Then she wouldn't have run away, their anger towards the original hybrid was only growing. He was going to kill Aria that night and instead she was the person killing someone, an innocent. That's what they assumed she ran from, the guilt and regret she must have for killing a stranger.

Alaric as-well was feeling the guilt, it was his body Klaus used which made him feel partly responsible. If he ever thought that this would be his life, that original vampires would possess his body, that there would-be human sacrifices. He would have laughed at his crazy self.

Caroline was also mad at herself; she had been so caught up in helping Tyler with her transition that she forgot about everything else. She was thankful that Damon didn't die from Tyler's bite, due to Klaus giving him his blood.

Which did confuse her as to why the man helped Damon, she thought it was because of Aria. He was trying to feel less guilty at what he had done, but everyone knew that it wouldn't change what had happened ,even Klaus himself knew it didn't change anything.

Elijah was furious at himself, even though he hid his excitement at the thought of his siblings waking up from Aria spell. He was so overjoyed he decided to stay with them until they woke.

Instead of protecting his niece from his own brother and now she was gone and for once in his life he didn't know what to do next.

Rebekah and Kol were overwhelmed with emotions, to be woken up from decades of darkness and to be told that their niece who was supposed to be dead was the one who woke them was crazy. However their happiness didn't last long when they found out Klaus was responsible for trying to kill her and causing her to run.

The hybrid himself was at a loss for words, he had been trying to find some way to prove that Aria wasn't his daughter, to prove that he didn't try to kill him own daughter. The reality didn't really set in for him truly until he saw tears rolling down Katherine's face as she began to stab him repeatedly with a wooden stake. It didn't do any harm which they both knew but he still let her continue.

There was no real pain from the wooden stake, but the ache that started to grow in his heart was the same feeling he felt the night he saw the cabin up in flames, and that's when his own tears started to fall.

There was no agreement or conversation, yet somehow everyone ended up staying at the Salvatore house. No words would be said, no looks would be given but, in some way, they were all feeling the same thing.

Empty.

That was until Bonnie Bennett decided to knock on their door one morning with a nervous smile. She had every right to be nervous, if not scared for scared for her life. She was part of the reason Aria had run, if she hadn't sided with Elena then maybe this would never have happened.