26 | R O S E

Whispers

Whispers.

Different voices.

Two exact.

A female and a male.

So familiar yet so strange.

Aria slowly opens her eyes, observing her surroundings,realising that she's not at the high school anymore. Looking down at her outfit, it was the same one she wore for the dance which made her sigh in relief that she wasn't going crazy. But her confusion was still there as to why she would be lying on the floor in the woods. Hearing whispers coming from behind her, she stands up from the ground and turns to the direction where the voices were becoming louder.

Rolling her eyes "Damon, is this another one of your pranks?" shaking her head she walks closer to the voices "Seriously? You pick the night where a vampire tries to kill me to prank me."

"Hell-" Aria cuts herself off as she sees the back of two people, they seemed young. "Excuse me?" she calls out, but they ignore her "I'm a little lost."

The woman turns round facing Aria, but it's like they don't see her at all, almost as if she was invisible to them. Mystic Falls was a small town, and everyone knew everybody so for two people to be in the woods that Aria had never seen before. It was unusual and strange, and she didn't like it one bit.

As she hears a baby wailing, she scans the surrounding area of the woods, when the man turns around, she sees the child in his arms.

"I don't like this either love, but we knew that this could happen." The blonde hair man stresses with his British accent coming out thick.

The woman's dark eyes frown as she looks down at the infant. "I know, but she's only a week old, I don't want her to forget about her family."

The man sadly sighs "She's our little girl, Evie, she could never forget us."

Aria frowns as she hears the sorrow in both of their voices. They sound so broken and defeated, and Aria's heart aches for them and their kid, who has no idea what is happening.

Evie sniffles "Did you find the Bennett witch?" she questions stroking her daughter's back.

"Bennett?" Aria whispers to herself knowing that was Bonnie's last name.

The man nods his head "Is the cabin ready?" kissing his daughter's forehead.

Evie bites her bottom lip "I guess so." After a moment then asks, "Do you think we will ever see her again?"

The man wraps his free arm around Evie's waist pulling her into his arms with their daughter, "Of course, before we leave, her big brother wants to see her."

"I thought he had issues that needed his attention in New Orleans?"

The man chuckles "You really think he would miss saying goodbye to his little sister darling."

Evie snorts "She's only a baby and he's already planning how to keep boys away from her."

The man smirks with pride "I taught him well,"

Evie softly punches him in the arm, with her own smirk "Who knows, when we meet again, we could be grandparents."

The man playfully glares at Evie making her giggle "Not happening." He declares.

Looking down at their sleeping daughter making a smile cover their faces, they knew what was about to happen was inevitable, but as long as she was safe and away from the madness. It would be okay. they would be okay.

"Our little Rose," Evie states.

Aria freezes at their daughter's name. Rose. Her middle name is Rose. Wanting to find out more about this family and how they knew Bonnie's family being witches, she walks closer to them when suddenly her feet stop moving, almost like they were stuck.

She looks at her legs and tries to lift them one by one, huffing when nothing happens. When she looks back up to see the couple and baby gone. Turning her head in every direction to see which way the family could have went, Aria sighs in annoyance as she feels herself starting to sink into the ground. 

Within seconds most of her body was swallowed into the ground, with her head starting to go under, she closes her eyes trying to calm her breathing, which wasn't really working, and just like that she was in her worst nightmare.

Darkness.

Aria sits up, panting, coughing incessantly as if she has something in her throat, unaware of the others approaching her. feeling the softness underneath her, she looks at the familar bed she often used when she stayed over at the Salvatore's.

Furrowing her eyes in confusion at how she ended up at their house. The last thing she remembered was being in the woods and the couple with their daughter. Rose.

"Ria?" Damon's worried voice reaches her.

"Damon?" She questions "What's going on?"

Damon scratches the back of his neck, taking a sip from his whisky. "Jer. Get in here." he calls out not moving from his spot.

Jeremy enters the room not looking up from the book he was reading "What? I'm still trying to find out how long it will take for Ria to wake up."

"Wake up? What are you on about Jer?" Aria says standing up from the bed and walking towards them both.

Jeremy's eyes instantly find his sister's and widen seeing her awake "Damon I think I might have drank your whisky by accident."

Damon narrows his eyes "Little witch what do you remember?"

Aria crosses her arms over her chest "The stupid vampire trying to kill me, then being in the woods. How did you find me?"

Jeremy and Damon look at each other and then back at Aria "You were never in the woods. You passed out after using your powers on the vampire."

"Eh? No, I was in the woods, with these two people...they had their daughter with them." Aria says in confusion.

Jeremy hesitantly asks "How long do you think it's been since the dance?"

Aria shrugs her shoulders "I don't know, a few hours maybe why?"

Damon sighs a small frown makes way onto his face "Little witch you might want to sit down for this."

"For what?" Aria says sitting down on the other side of the bed in front of both guys.

"Ria. It's been a week."

——————