22 | J O U R N A L

"You know I could just flick my hand and hope for the best

"You know I could just flick my hand and hope for the best."

Aria waves her hand up in the air as she and Jeremy walked into the school building, as usual, she was whining about having to stay in every lesson even though her grades were perfect. Yet Mr. Grumpy would still fail her due to her low attendance.

"Unfortunately, that's classed as murder."

Jeremy shakes his head at his sister's antics, he knew how annoying staying all day at school was for her, when he was using drugs and not bothering about his education, he also hated how slow the days went but most of the time he was too high to remember what was actually going on.

"Boring"

Aria rolls her eyes huffing at her twin. She used to be the mature one, now somehow Jeremy had taken that role and was now acting like the parent and responsible sibling.

"I thought you were still struggling with controlling it."

Jeremy was slightly worried for Aria; she was the only person he would ever consider family and vice versa. He was scared if her abilities continued to grow would she be able to get a handle on the powers and be able to control when she wanted to use them. Or would her control slip?

"I'm not sure, Jer sometimes it works when I need it too and others it's like the power disappears."

Aria shrugs her shoulders at her brother's comment, she could tell he was worried, she was as well hating the thought of having no control and killing an innocent all because of her high emotions.

"Ahh, the Gilbert twins, the jackass and the invisible."

Mr. Salzman claps his hands at the fact that they both actually listened to what he said to them and came in. He was curious about the pair since he had Elena their older sister in one of his other classes and they were total opposites.

"No way, I had a nickname too" Aria snorts "Anyways why do you seem so surprised, technically I'm here by force."

Mr. Salzman shakes his head at the girl, when he first started at mystic falls high, he was warned about the mute student who wrote in her book to communicate. What he didn't expect was her actually speaking or the confidence she held too.

"Aria. Always a pleasure to see you, a little birdy told me you left class for an appointment." 

Jeremy saw the smirk on his sister's face and knew she would say something extreme, and his thoughts were proved correct at her excuse for when she left with Damon to find Logan Fell.

"Oh yes, it was that time, and I thought my ovaries had burst. Very scary times." Aria nods her head with a haunted look on her face.

Jeremy winces as his sister speaks, clearing his throat "Anyways, you wanted to see me?" He tries to change the subject.

Mr. Salzman looks between Aria and Jeremy wondering why he decided to teach at a high school. Remembering Jeremey's question he drops his essay onto his desk in front of the boy.

"Right. The extra credit I made you do. Well done."

Aria gaps as she sees the red marker A+ at the top of her brothers essay "Holy...dude you got an A."

"Surprised? It's a good essay." Mr. Saltzman comments  

"Your thought is clear, and your argument is well laid out. It's just.....you don't actually think there are vampires in mystic falls?" He adds making the twin tense up at the word 'vampire' which he did notice.

Aria scoffs "Vampires? Of course not."

Jeremy nods his head in agreement "No. I mean I think statistically there's been more animal attacks, mysterious deaths, and people going missing and more than any other place in the whole commonwealth in Virginia."

My Saltzman gives an understanding smile "It's conjecture but creative, which is why you got the A."

"It just I wouldn't get too caught up in the whole conspiracy theory of it all."

Aria narrows her eyes as she felt her teacher's emotion change when he said stated 'conspiracy theory' The hatred she could feel coming from him was so sudden and strong. Jeremy saw his sister's clenched fists and knew she was struggling with somebody's feelings.

  "Yeah, I won't," Jeremy concludes grabbing his sister's hand and about to turn around to leave the classroom when Mr. Saltzman speaks again.

"Oh, the source that you cited for the 1860s Infor, Johnathan Gilbert?"

"Ahh, my ancestor's journal?"

Mr. Saltzman tilts his head to the side "I'd really like to see that sometime." Aria didn't like the look on his face like he knew something that would screw a lot of things up.

"Really?"

"A first-person account of the Civil War, that's like porn for a history teacher." Mr. Saltzman jokes.

"If you think my essay is creative, wait till you get a load of this thing." Jeremy opens his bag out and throws a journal onto his teacher's desk.

"Thank you."

As soon as the twins left the classroom and walked down the corridor Aria turns to his brother "I don't like him."

Jeremy chuckle "How come? Because he's making you stay in every class. Oh, great excuse by the way."

Aria laughs lightly "First thought that came to mind and that's not the reason, when he was talking about the myths and conspiracy theory his emotions went crazy, not good ones either it was pure hate and rage."

Jeremy sighs "Great. So he could know about the supernatural world too."

Aria shakes her head "I'm not sure but he really doesn't like something about the myths."

Jeremy bits his lip "I just give him that journal."

"What Journal?"

"It was in Dad's box of stuff but what's written was strange, half of it was in French too," Jeremy explains softly.

"Strange? How? And French?" Aria asks confused and curious.

"Yeah, most of it was about the myths of Vampires but once you got to the end it change to something different."

Aria furrows her eyebrows "There are other things than just Vampires? And well whatever I am too?"

"I don't think so, all it said was that on certain nights specific dogs would go feral." 

"How can they compare Vampires to Dogs?" Aria questions her brother.

"I told you it was strange."

"Did it say anything else?"

Jeremy nods his head "Yeah a word in bold but it wasn't in English."

"What was the word?"

"Venatores"

Aria freezes at the Latin word and stops walking "Are you sure that's what the word was?"

"Yeah. It was kind of hard to miss." Jeremy states "Why? What's wrong?"

"That word is Latin Jer."

"So? What does it mean?"

"Hunters."

————-